News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original Glued in wheel info / help /recommendations /detailing 70 GT500

Started by bobboss351, April 06, 2020, 10:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobboss351

WE have what appears to be 8 original 'Glued " in center wheels,,,, we like to select the best 4 of the 8 for judging and display,,, plan is on getting a set of reproductions for possible driving ect situations,,, so these wheels will be more for a static display,,

Is there only one supplier,,,  there are some different codes and information location on the outer ring of the wheel and on the inside band of the rim.  does that make a difference in division 2 judging ?
    Bob Wilson
RJ RESTORATIONS
Robert Wilson
701 FIRST ST
SUITE B
FARMINGTON ,MN
bobboss351@gmail.com

acman63

Bob: the outer rims available arent the same  so they wouldnt be correct for a premiere  or a MCA Thorobread but they would be fine for the SAAC Concours where we allow quality reproduction parts.    The guy that does these does not have the capabilty to rivet them back,  he uses grade 8 cap screws. Theres one company that we sent some Magstars too but the cost was way up there - over double. and I wasnt impressed with the center restoration.  if you want the info  email me and Ill get it for you
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

bobboss351

Jim,,
Thank you for the reply,,, really appericate the feedback, The 8 rims we have appear to have the correct rolled edge front of the rim and the rims are all glued in centers,, looking at the picture i just posted,,,,, another way to ask is , if the rims are all the same and ,, what is the info in the pictures ,, vendor code, date code ??? 
RJ RESTORATIONS
Robert Wilson
701 FIRST ST
SUITE B
FARMINGTON ,MN
bobboss351@gmail.com

Special Ed

made in J A pan  and I have had cars with both gluein and riveted wheels on the same car.