News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Helping Others with Covid 19.

Started by The Going Thing, April 06, 2020, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Going Thing

I have the antibodies, so I am immune to Covid 19.  I am donating plasma.  This is a great way to help others, which many here are of the age group most at risk.
If you are fortunate enough to have the ability to help others, please do so.
Even simple things like picking up groceries, mail or meals can be helpful to those who are compromised or at risk.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: The Going Thing on April 06, 2020, 08:57:26 PM
I have the antibodies, so I am immune to Covid 19.  I am donating plasma.  This is a great way to help others, which many here are of the age group most at risk.
Even simple things like picking up groceries, mail or meals can be helpful to those who are compromised or at risk.
I thought the only way you acquired the antibodies was to have had Covid19 and recovered? 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Don't you have to be symptomatic to get a test?(short supply)

The Going Thing

Those who were international aircrew were tested.

deathsled

Are you O+? I understand A blood group gets it the worst and O+ the least.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

As am I. Universal donors we are. Did you even have any symptoms?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

The Going Thing

Just a little over-tiredness in January for about five days. My body temperature is normally about 96 degrees. I had a low fever of about 99.5.
That would be just over 101.4 to those who run the normal 98.6

texas swede

My wife and I are in quarantine here in Dallas, TX and our daughter and husband in Austin, TX
are ordering food for us by an AP. The food is bought by a young person and delivered to our door.
Works great and we stay as safe as we can. Our immune systems are compromised. My wife by
being a cancer and later stroke survivor and I by my heart problems after my dental visit.
Texas Swede

FL SAAC

+1

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Stay safe my friend

Quote from: texas swede on April 07, 2020, 09:46:38 AM
My wife and I are in quarantine here in Dallas, TX and our daughter and husband in Austin, TX
are ordering food for us by an AP. The food is bought by a young person and delivered to our door.
Works great and we stay as safe as we can. Our immune systems are compromised. My wife by
being a cancer and later stroke survivor and I by my heart problems after my dental visit.
Texas Swede
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: texas swede on April 07, 2020, 09:46:38 AM
Texas Swede

You are  few weeks behind us. Peapod is no longer accepting orders and the last they were scratching off aout 60% of your order as being unavailable.

Now things like Lisol wipes and toilet paper have been UA since the begining but now things like canned soupes and bottled water are UA indefinitely.

The shelves in the super markets are about 75% empty and as yet there is no explanation from anyone about anything.

So Keith's prediction of institution of "Martial Law"may be approaching?

Not having enough medical supplies is one thing, but no food on the shelves is entirely another?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

Texas Swede:
I am in Colleyville. If I can be of help let me know.

-Keith

texas swede

Thanks Keith for your offer but we are okay for now.
Texas Swede

Chris Thauberger

I'm curious as to how you discovered you had the antibodies? Specifically was there a test you took? If so, what was the exact test that you took? I'm interested because I'd like to take it to
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold