News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

....ahhh the good old days

Started by Chris Thauberger, April 07, 2020, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thauberger

Is it just me or was the forum almost calm over the last few days? What changed?
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Don Johnston

Reading the Spring "Shelby American" issue. 8)

Krelboyne

I think that there was a favorable fishing report from the Keys.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Coralsnake

Chris Thauberger

So I'm not the only one who noticed how well everyone got along over the past three or four days.

Hmmmmm 

shelbydoug

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on April 07, 2020, 02:57:40 PM
Is it just me or was the forum almost calm over the last few days? What changed?

It's this stuff, "Fire in the hole". It really sooths!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Another beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Coralsnake

You mean after this mornings carpet bombing?

Kind of sad, the forum lets this continue. I guess we could all just add "+1" to ten Lounge posts everyday.

I'm curious why so many remain silent, they must not care ?

They wont tolerate it from serious members, but the clown show continues, complete with a statement of daily ignorance.

If you dont want to make a public statement, send a private email to "computerworks"

We now await the counterpoint inferring that it is a personal attack by two people in coordination.

Its not personal. It should be about the Shelbys.

kjspeed

I'm curious as to why the Miami Post Pumper is the head of the Florida SAAC chapter. Are people appointed by the SAAC directors or membership to those positions or is it as simple as saying "I'm the head of the XYZ SAAC region"?
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Bob Gaines

I have disproved of the troll posts and have voiced my disbelief and disapproval for letting the troll continue to clutter a otherwise informational forum with what many times seems like just gibberish words or a series of +1's. When it isn't those things it is conversations that have no definitive answer but instead meant to stir up bad feelings and divide others here. I will keep up the effort until the new Capt Dave (old forum)decides to retire. Or better yet he decides to see the big picture and just shuts up unless he can contribute in a positive or useful (to others not just himself) way.  I am all for listening to someones point of view even if it differs from mine but when it is day in a day out a pattern of trolling for the sake of malicious intent then it is not in the best interest of this forum. I hope others feel the same way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: kjspeed on April 08, 2020, 05:20:23 PM
I'm curious as to why the Miami Post Pumper is the head of the Florida SAAC chapter. Are people appointed by the SAAC directors or membership to those positions or is it as simple as saying "I'm the head of the XYZ SAAC region"?

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but here goes.

Allegedly... 

When eleanor joined SAAC he had a local cult following. This band of merry men also joined at the same time thus creating the Florida region. No one dare challenge eleanor for the head position and he ran unopposed.

The region had its own spot created on the forum and the onslaught began. Tails of wild parties that involved spraying mustard on one another soon became legend. eleanor was handed the keys to the newly created forum and ruled with an iron fist. If you posted in his area and he disagreed with you he simply deleted your post.

As you might guess people complained and warnings were given. Meanwhile back at the ranch the forum server refused to accept anymore post from Florida and crashed its hard drive thus ending forum 1.

All the minion of the Florida chapter quit paying dues and left the national club except for one.

When a new forum 2.0 was launched eleanor saw the opportunity he had waited his whole life for, and seized control by posting continuously. His post count rose quickly and he flaunted it in everyone face, "Look at me first to 1000 posts".

Cut/paste, cut/paste, +1, +2, +3. "fishing is great".  Complaints were once again lodged.

A new feature was added to the forum to allow each user to block all posts made in any section they chose to exclude. It was no surprise that the Florida region was the number one blocked section, in fact I don't believe anyone has blocked any other section. You would think this solved the problem, but you would be wrong.

eleanor moved out of the shadows and took over the lounge. He push the limits to the max.

And here we are.

Legal Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Side-Oilers

I understand the legal disclaimer, but is that true about the reason why Forum 1.0 crashed?

I do remember Capt Dave's antics.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

69mach351w

Lol, Chris said the work was of fiction. Side-oiler, do you know what fiction means🙄

I kinda miss Capt. Dave...........kinda.

Side-Oilers

Quote from: 69mach351w on April 08, 2020, 09:13:14 PM
Lol, Chris said the work was of fiction. Side-oiler, do you know what fiction means🙄

Uh, yes I do.  But hidden in fiction can be a lot of truth.

I thought perhaps Capt Dave came back in a new profile.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model