Author Topic: ....ahhh the good old days  (Read 5419 times)

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Re: ....ahhh the good old days
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 10:21:23 PM »
A couple Mustang and Shelby people started a FB Forum last year with true enthusiast interests at heart. Some people don’t like FB. That’s fine.
However,...if anyone is interested send me a PM.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 07:25:44 AM »
I kinda miss Capt. Dave...........kinda.

There definitely was as similarity of aggressive entitlement on his part. He was never empowered as a moderator.

You can see what he's up to on his Facebook page.

I'm told privately that he holds being "run off" as a conspiracy personally headed by me? Fine. The reality is we don't need his little people Miata crap in anyway or form here to create additional floor traffic for his own personal ammusement.

There is some parallel to the current situation is several ways.

Here's the thing. WE can't fire the Moderator here. His constant defense of posts in certain directions would indicate some sort of freedom of opinion position much like the defense of an aggressive  Freedom of Speech website like Breitbart would push.

The Moderators style here is to limit censorship under the philosophy of the "people" will determine the rules. Well guess what Ron, the serious posters here have, you still refuse to do anything.

It was also my understanding from the last  "tiff" with Fl Tony, that there was going to be a voluntary agreement where he was going to back off somewhat? What happened with that?

I know, Moderating is beyond difficult, but only if you let it get out of hand, and YES we all think that you are grossly overpaid, and yet, you do it for free? Doing it for free should be no defense.

If you can't do it, or won't, resign. Someone else with equal capability will step up, eventually?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 07:42:01 AM »
I have disproved of the troll posts and have voiced my disbelief and disapproval for letting the troll continue to clutter a otherwise informational forum with what many times seems like just gibberish words or a series of +1's. When it isn't those things it is conversations that have no definitive answer but instead meant to stir up bad feelings and divide others here. I will keep up the effort until the new Capt Dave (old forum)decides to retire. Or better yet he decides to see the big picture and just shuts up unless he can contribute in a positive or useful (to others not just himself) way.  I am all for listening to someones point of view even if it differs from mine but when it is day in a day out a pattern of trolling for the sake of malicious intent then it is not in the best interest of this forum. I hope others feel the same way.

+1

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
I have decide to ignore.  When you reply to his posts you are giving in!  Giving him exactly what he wants!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 09:21:55 AM »
You are a much more patient man than I

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
We don't want this to get misplaced do we?

It's hate speech clear and simple.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:29:12 PM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »

Yes but here you just don't know what will get deleted. I'd keep a copy somewhere in the cloud?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2020, 09:09:08 PM »
I have not been on here that long, I am just wondering how old are these people?
RARE  Signature Delete

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 10:02:40 PM »

.  A simple misspelling....I am sure he meant clan....

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
All, I know it is hard for some, but just blocking or plain skipping over the non related Shelby posts is really easy and can provide you pleasure if you let it.  All you do by creating a stir is to feed the issue.

I for one love the forum, regardless of some of its non-sense posts that I don't care about.  Let's flood the forum with relative restoration information or "my car is doing this, can anyone help" posts and the others will become insignificant. 

Most of you gentleman have a crazy wealth of knowledge that was shared in Forum 1.0, for guys like me and others, please share it again (I know it is a pain) but it will be appreciated by all (and hopefully backed up :-))
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
For some of the new people a history lesson.

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
   Tony is proof that different personalities exist here on this forum just like several others. Do "I" like posts about Corvettes , Firebirds, Camaros? No . Does "everybody" like what "I" post ? No. We all have choices.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2021, 04:32:23 PM »
A couple Mustang and Shelby people started a FB Forum last year with true enthusiast interests at heart. Some people don’t like FB. That’s fine.

https://youtu.be/uaaC57tcci0

Yeah, BRAGbook NOPE!

The good old days are past....glad this is the closest to "Social Media" I want to be on, thanks to SAAC, it may not be perfect, but without it, it would not be good. "There I said it!" The Great One.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2021, 11:47:48 AM »
And that my friend was one heluva documentary.....SKATE.....

https://youtu.be/uaaC57tcci0

Yeah, BRAGbook NOPE!

The good old days are past....glad this is the closest to "Social Media" I want to be on, thanks to SAAC, it may not be perfect, but without it, it would not be good. "There I said it!" The Great One.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy