News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

I don't understand the logic

Started by Greg, April 09, 2020, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I find it humorous and disturbing that someone would give their hard earned cash for an item such as this. 

Really, someone wants a cancelled check?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-SHELBY-AMERICAN-INC-CHECK-TO-HOLLEY-CARBURETOR-CO-LIKELY-FOR-LEMANS-CARBURE/362433982242?hash=item5462bfaf22:g:uDUAAOSw-cFbmFY8

Next they will be trying to sale his road rash undies for Corona Virus masks... LOL
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

67 GT350

The seller must have worked at a bank or something, check out the other auctions, mind boggling.
RARE  Signature Delete

pbf777

It is cool, as is much of the memorabilia, but yeah, maybe not over two bills cool.  I especially like the reference of: "LIKELY FOR LEMANS CARBURETOR"; talk about trying to breathe some excitement into it!        ::)

Scott.

propayne

Maybe the cash wasn't particularly hard earned?

I admit I've paid too much for some items that I really wanted - my justification is I use money from other stuff that I've scored for super cheap at yard sales/flea markets/junk stores etc., and then been able to sell for decent profits

I have a pretty fair knowledge of vintage costume jewelry, Hot Wheels, comic books, toys and of course Shelby/Cougar/Ford Performance/Racing items.

Every once-in-a-while I'll stumble across something.

Not saying that's what's going on here, but thought I'd give another perspective.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

The Going Thing

I know several of us have dealt with this clown over the years. I had to file with Paypal/Ebay over a purchase last year. This is what frustrates me about this hobby.  Always some arsehole trying to get rich.

So if I purchase this gem.who in the "Shelby club" is going to "authenticate " it for me??Will there be a COA??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :P

The Going Thing

Carroll's Signature wasn't on it.....

tesgt350

Quote from: 557 on April 09, 2020, 12:08:55 PM
So if I purchase this gem.who in the "Shelby club" is going to "authenticate " it for me??Will there be a COA??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :P

Didn't the heads of SAAC loaned out some stuff and didn't get it all back or sold off a bunch of stuff including Canceled Checks a long time ago? I remember this topic way back when the Law Suit was starting up as the Canceled Checks was part of the Argument.

gt350shelb

no it was more like the canceled checks were given to the club / and others ...... then once $helby saw them selling on ebay he wanted them back . so he could sell them  but the toothpaste was out of the tube by then .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

TJinSA

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 09, 2020, 10:30:14 AM
Its cool, but not $249 cool
I wouldnt mind having the check, given my car's connection to James McLean, but I agree whole heartedly, for a nondescrpt check that might as well be for office supplies... or cans of Planters nuts
Tom Kubler
6S296

Don Johnston

At least it isn't from a notable vendor in NC, I hope. 8)

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 09, 2020, 09:58:53 PM
.     I suspect said North Carolinian is working on "discovering" a cache of valuable SA cancelled checks as we speak.....

rhjanes

Quote from: 557 on April 09, 2020, 10:14:40 PM
.     I suspect said North Carolinian is working on "discovering" a cache of valuable SA cancelled checks as we speak.....
With FORD envelopes.

Given the 1966 date and the amount, and Ford/Shelby would be buying "in bulk", I suspect a check for over $11K in those days, was a lot of carbs.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

The Going Thing

Quote from: rhjanes on April 09, 2020, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: 557 on April 09, 2020, 10:14:40 PM
With FORD envelopes.

Given the 1966 date and the amount, and Ford/Shelby would be buying "in bulk", I suspect a check for over $11K in those days, was a lot of carbs.
It is only SHOWN with the Ford envelope. It doesn't come with it..LOL