Author Topic: Cleaning white interior  (Read 3948 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning white interior
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »
I've had some good results with taking out the interior, and using a power washer on everything. What's interesting is that it starts to bring out some of the original luster.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

ricur2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
worked at my cousin's car lot back in the day, cleaned up a lot of shelbys    every year   with spray nine. he was known for high performance ford stuff even a couple of cobras   spray nine was used on everything from tires,vinyl tops, and seats   worked great

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »
Have had great results with Soft Scrub All Purpose Cleaner.  Use it with a damp sponge, apply, then wipe off with another clean damp sponge.  Especially effective on white headliners in cars that have been smoked in. Should help with the mildew the OP describes.
5S071, 6S1467

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »
Thanks for all the tips.

KDunne

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »
I've had a great luck with a product called Spray Nine.  It is produced in a Marine formula and non Marine formulas.  I've used both
curious what is the difference between marine and non marine formula? I haven't come across a product labeled that way but I am not into boats like I am cars.
Bob usually found in a place like West Marine, i believe it has some mold fighting chemicals.  I use it on my boat, which has an all white interior.  It sparkles after its done
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:21:33 PM by KDunne »

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »
The sponge works best. Keep the excess water to a minimum.  The stitching for the pleating in the seat can be easily stained. It's why I avoid other cleaners.