Author Topic: Shelby is maintaining weight; I am not  (Read 5091 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Shelby is maintaining weight; I am not
« on: April 11, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
I got up late today and weighed myself and concluded that I need to trim a good 5 to 8 pounds before it gets out of control.  178 pounds is too much for 5'11"  I need to get back to 170 or bust.  I don't want to add any more weight to my Hertz than necessary when I sit in it.  "If it doesn't make it go fast, it makes it go slow."  I am doing a 16:8 intermittent fasting routine.   I watched this guy for inspiration but he's rather harsh so don't watch if the F bomb and nasty insults get to you.  I think he's quite amusing though his fasting duration might be questionable.
The dangers of sitting all day...which I do...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjdAwJrsx8w
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:35:13 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby is maintaining weight; I am not
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:42:50 PM »
That is really funny!  And accurate. 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 01:20:29 AM »
Looks like it works but hard to do a 48 or 72 hour fast. I'm doing 16 hours now. No food after 5 pm and 8 hour eating window. Breakfast again at 9 am.
https://www.instagram.com/snake_diet_wizard/?hl=en

Some dramatic results. Hey my Shelby stays in shape. I need to as well.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 01:25:18 AM »
Diet AND exercise is the “magic formula”..

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:25 AM »
Across the board we have lost 10 to 12 pounds. Now to some of you that may sound great being stuck in the house eating take out Pizza and drinking beer?

It doesn't seem to matter where you started at? I started at 225 and am hovering around 210. My son, 240 to 225 or so. Daughter, 125 to 112ish. Wifey is confidential?  ;)

The issue here is that is the bad kind of weight loss with apparently almost all of it due to dehydration.

So although our symptoms have almost all left, except for a tickling cough that just wants to hang around and upset anyone who hears it, it still is leaving us wobbly after being on our feet for too long.

So probably if you want to loose some weight, the virus can probably help there, and yes, it goes after your entire respiratory system and there may be some secondary complications? Maybe but not necessarily. Liver, heart, kidneys, etc. No telling where it will nest up yet?

I had a friend about 10 years ago that had a flu that attacked his heart. He was waiting for a transplant? I haven't heard? Think he died?

...and to add to the discussion, there have been some reports coming out of South Korea that there may have been some that were thought to be cleared and with anti-bodies that are re-testing  as positive? That was just the initial report with no follow ups as yet?

But 10 to 12 pounds lost seems to be about the average number? You can tighten up those abs? ;)

...oh, make sure everyone knows you love 'em and take the Shelby out for a ride when you can...you just never know when it could be the last time? ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:01:11 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 10:51:06 AM »
OK Folks, LOWER YOUR CARS and or CUT THEM OUT AS BEST AS YOU CAN.
I am diabetic, this is what I do.
Sunday night is my last meal until Monday night, depending on the day, I either skip breakfast or lunch. I eat as LOW carbs as I can.
Breads, BAD. Pasta, BAD. Fruits, some bad, some OK but not good. Vegies, some also bad and some good. ALL BREADS are bad, do not kid yourself. WALKING, great for you, do it! That is if you hate the gym, and we cannot go there at this time.
Follow what is known as the Keto diet as best as you want/or can. LOWER CARBS!
In my case, my diabetes is REVERSING! I have lost weight! I feel great! Doctors are confused and mad because I am NOT following the poison that the ADA recommends. (Ihave done that for years and saw my A1C continue to just go up as they added more meds). Glad I am done with the ADA! You can find nicer people on UTube...I have found a few that I listen to.
I am not a Dr. but I have myself for proof!
RARE  Signature Delete

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
If you are lucky enough to have a garden,gardening can provide a surprising amount of non contact aerobic exercise.Mine has never looked better.Plus,it’s the season.Be safe...

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
I understand more than you know. I had a rough time after being left on Steriods for 14 months.  I had to lose all the weight I gained.  Not easy to do, and even more so as a diabetic. The Metformin isn't so bad, but everything else is just that. When I went into a hyperosmolar coma post the infection from back surgery I had an HbA1C of 9. I am now at 5.2.  Keep it up! You're doing great. Dr's aren't god and I am very quick to remind them. If you don't like what they're prescribing and they don't like you questioning their treatment move on!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 12:14:04 PM »
I understand more than you know. I had a rough time after being left on Steriods for 14 months.  I had to lose all the weight I gained.  Not easy to do, and even more so as a diabetic. The Metformin isn't so bad, but everything else is just that. When I went into a hyperosmolar coma post the infection from back surgery I had an HbA1C of 9. I am now at 5.2.  Keep it up! You're doing great. Dr's aren't god and I am very quick to remind them. If you don't like what they're prescribing and they don't like you questioning their treatment move on!

;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 01:11:41 PM »
Here is a lengthy interview with this guy by two bodybuilders.  He's a little more collected.  Makes what sounds like many valid points. As important as it is to have our cars running like well oiled machines, we need to do the same for ourselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1siTRCBAM

I'm going out walking.  Got on the Nordictrack ski machine for 5 k this morning with some weight training. 

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
My younger son Matt is a powerlifter. He is currently just under the  NYS record of (I think) 468 pounds.

Apparently dehydration is a sneaky bi-product of this virus.

As I recall, at 20% you are dead, 15% comotose, 10% really weak, and on your back, at 5% wobbly and should act cautiously.

I personally am at the 5% mark. I need to hydrate.

There is some kind of connection. At desert conditions, 5% relative humidity, we loose one quart of water per hour through our breath.

This virus seems to leave a coating on the broncolis. Very similar to bonchitis or walking pneumonia. But it's sneaky. You don't feel it but the doc can hear you weasing without much trouble?

At some point your body decides to readjust to the new weight you are at but technically you are still dehydrated. All precautions for dehydration should be acknowledged and treated as best you can. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go with an IV.

Athletes are now doing this in the middle of the game they are involved in.

The problem here is that unless you yourself are medical personel, and can treat youself, eveyone else is so freakin' busy and EXHAUSTED that they just advise you on what to do.
Right now that is "hydrate". You need to drop caphine out of the formula. Water is best but if you can stomach it, Pedialite or Gator aid does help.

I feel my strength coming up but I'd rate myself at around 60%. Better then before at 50/50, but nowhere near the endurance that's even "normal"? It's just frustrating in the slow recovery and bordom of keeping busy.

I need to go write a song?  ;D Lots of base  and drums like headers and solid lifters?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »
Wow Shelbydoug, I see you are in New York from your profile, right around the epicenter of the US outbreak.  Keep strong.  It sounds like a really insidious virus.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 04:22:20 PM »
Wow Shelbydoug, I see you are in New York from your profile, right around the epicenter of the US outbreak.  Keep strong.  It sounds like a really insidious virus.

We are right in the middle of it. Hunkered down like everyone else is.

Lots of motorcycles running up the Sprain at WOT. I don't see or hear any high speed pursuit.

In all honesty, when there is a group of them running WOT at 150 plus there isn't much pursuit that you can do? Someone's having a good time out there?  ;D

It's ironic but when we go to a track like VIR it sounds just like home?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:25:00 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 04:27:46 PM »
Here's something for you shelbydoug to raise you and your family's spirits and beat that virus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4WiW3Sijw

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »
Here's something for you shelbydoug to raise you and your family's spirits and beat that virus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4WiW3Sijw

Deathsled? I didn't know you were so pretty? Wanna' go for coffee and a doughnut maybe?  ;D

I can't show wifey that. She's very jealous and possessive. It's got to be on the qt? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!