News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Fuel Line

Started by rbarkley, April 13, 2020, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

Question.  Is the 5/16th one piece fuel line (early 67 cars) used throughout the 67 production or did it change to the 2 piece 3/8 line later in production?  I know that the one piece runs down the transmission tunnel whereas the two piece runs along the rocker. What other differences are there besides the crossover shield?

What size fuel line did the 67 Shelby have from the pump to the carb log?

I flattened a section my 5/16th fuel line jacking the car up with my floor jack.  I am considering replacing it with
a 3/8 line since I have a 427 side oiler, MR.

Thanks
Ron

The Going Thing

I changed to the 3/8" line for the same reason. However, it no longer runs the driveshaft tunnel. They run down the left side of the car and down the rocker panel seam. You'll also need the line protector at the left rear side where the fuel line comes from the rear frame rail and crosses to the rocker.
I presume you're running something other than the stock 390/Shelby pump?  You'll need to change the fuel pump nipple, tank sender and the fuel feed line from the pump to the fuel log.  I am running the 427 canister filter just for those reasons.  The fuel log will remain 5/16" unless you elect to have 3/8" nipples welded on.
The 5/16" tends to starve high horsepower motors. It's just more complicated to do it properly.

rbarkley

Thank you for your reply.  I will check on the 427 canister.  Can't wait to get this car started.  So close now.

The Going Thing

Carl's Ford Parts usually has the container, bracket, and lines. I had the pump to canister line custom made from a pattern. It has to curve around the power steering pump bracket.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rbarkley on April 13, 2020, 03:56:42 PM
Question.  Is the 5/16th one piece fuel line (early 67 cars) used throughout the 67 production or did it change to the 2 piece 3/8 line later in production?  I know that the one piece runs down the transmission tunnel whereas the two piece runs along the rocker. What other differences are there besides the crossover shield?

What size fuel line did the 67 Shelby have from the pump to the carb log?

I flattened a section my 5/16th fuel line jacking the car up with my floor jack.  I am considering replacing it with
a 3/8 line since I have a 427 side oiler, MR.

Thanks
Ron
67 Shelby used the 5/16 fuel line the entire production.68's used 3/8 fuel line.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rbarkley

Thanks for the response guys.