News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What's everybody reading? Any Recomendations?

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, April 15, 2020, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

The Shelby American. I really enjoy it. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Tom Honegger

Mike Shoen's book, "Cobra-Ferrari Wars". Good reading & a lot of great photos.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 15, 2020, 07:30:10 PM
Here is a good start:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2017/aug/23/top-10-books-about-tyrants-christopher-wilson
ALL about a few governors in the USA
Andy C for one. NY, NJ, Conn, MA, RI, CA.

I am told that there is a section in Mexico populated by American Confederates that refused to surrender at the end of the Civil War?

They still raise the Confederate flag.

It's probably a good thing to realize that if you look there are still places where you can find similar thinking folks?

I once had a friend who was a clinical physiologist. Downing a couple of beers together, I remember him blurting out, "the most significant opinion you can have is whether you see the glass as half empty or half full? It determines your personality characteristics for life".

I've been advised that I remember too much and I need to let some things go. I try but some of the things I remember don't ever need to be repeated. Forgetting those would be beyond irresponsible?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Royce Peterson

I have moved several times in the past 20 years. hopefully that is over for a while.

I opened a box that had not been opened since a move from Dallas to Georgetown TX in 2015. I found a brand new issue of Muscle Car Review from 2015 that I never read!

Great to read Tom Shaw's article on the last page which is what I always read first.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

texas swede

At present I am reading the book "We were Soldiers Once-and Young" about our first major battle in
South Vietnam, Ia Drang Valley 1965.
Texas Swede

silverton_ford

I have been reading old SAAC NW, WASAAC and R-Model Scoop newsletters from 10-20 years ago.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Looks like a nice bunch of reading material I missed.  I went up in the attic to look for some Shelby books and found several boxes of the Marque and even a couple of SOA newsletters, should be enjoyable rereading those. Some of the "For Sale Ads" are amazing in this and the Snake Bites listings
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

GOAT12

Shelby_r_b

"Never Stop Driving - a Better Life Behind the Wheel".  Outstanding book that really breaks down why we (both young and old) truly love these classics.  There are sections written by Jay Leno, Patrick Dempsey, Mario Andretti, and the like.

I highly recommend!
Nothing beats a classic!

Krelboyne

Recently read Biggest Brother, about the life of Dick Winters, who lead the WWII Band of Brothers.
Finished the Jimmy Stewart story about his time in WWII.
Working my way through the Craig Johnson novels, aka the Walt Longmire Mysterys.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

TedS

Some great ideas here.
I like anything by David Baldacci (almost)

propayne

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on April 16, 2020, 02:00:57 PM
"Never Stop Driving - a Better Life Behind the Wheel".  Outstanding book that really breaks down why we (both young and old) truly love these classics.  There are sections written by Jay Leno, Patrick Dempsey, Mario Andretti, and the like.

I highly recommend!

That sounds good - think I'll pick that on up!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

Definitely a must read  To kill a mocking bird
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert