News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What's everybody reading? Any Recomendations?

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, April 15, 2020, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

Not been reading except here on SAAC forum ;)  and other sister forums.

But I have the Roku setup with all the goodies, Hulu, netflix, etc.  And have been watching WWII documentaries and just absolutely amazed that it is truly the "Greatest Generation"!!! 

Also watching several different documentaries of WWII lost relics and uncovering items like Helmets(even w/skulls still in them), munitions of all kinds, uniforms, badges,pins, etc.  That have been found in France, Poland, Latvia, etc.,  and dug up for Museums and also returning skulls and bones to the German and Russian Graveyards for proper burial.

Absolutely amazing to watch the history of WWII unfold like never before.   

Don Johnston

I have been going through older SAAC publications and books with trips down memory lane of SAAC conventions.  Meanwhile the day starts with something to wake me up:

https://youtu.be/efFo-Clq844

Seemed timely. 8)

69mach351w

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 30, 2020, 11:20:25 PM
I have been going through older SAAC publications and books with trips down memory lane of SAAC conventions.  Meanwhile the day starts with something to wake me up:

Seemed timely. 8)
Hell yea!!  Love me some Eric Clapton 8)

Thanks for Sharing ;)

FL SAAC

Slow hand

Quote from: 69mach351w on May 01, 2020, 07:25:46 AM
Quote from: Don Johnston on April 30, 2020, 11:20:25 PM

Seemed timely. 8)
Hell yea!!  Love me some Eric Clapton 8)

Thanks for Sharing ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

In the Covid Times, been going through all of my stuff and found a box of SOA Newsletters adn even some old SAAC Capital Region ( Washington DC ) news letters. Fascinating stuff. The classifieds make me weep
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

When not reading, sometimes I wander the web and find stuff like this for grins:
Somewhere around 1:42 is the highlight.

https://youtu.be/jskZDqesxuk

Back to you in the studio...
8)

The L.A. Times everyday....Doesn't take long as it is currently about as thin as a tortilla at this point :'( Catching up on my surf mags as well.

FL SAAC

" Tips For Everyday Success " and his second book " How to Flip Friends and Influence People "

I give this 5 stars !

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Moby Dick if you have the time.Description of whaling life in that period is fascinating.If you never have it's kind of a must read IMHO

FL SAAC

Another fascinating book that is a must read in my honest opinion

And when you are done reading that one, we highly recommend "Kim says : What happens in the 38th parallel,  stays in the the 38th parallel "

I have all UNGOLD cars

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: 557 on May 03, 2020, 04:45:58 PM
Moby Dick if you have the time.Description of whaling life in that period is fascinating.If you never have it's kind of a must read IMHO
we'll call you "Ishmael "
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars