News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 Shelby w/ AMFM radio

Started by shelbyhertz66, April 17, 2020, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbyhertz66

Hi All,
So I was wondering if a 67 Shelby has an AM/FM ford radio
that was factory installed would that be noted on the Marty report?
my car has one but it could have been installed by a previous owner.
Thanks for any ideas.

Shelby_r_b

It's my understanding that 67s, if ordered with a radio, were only given AM radios.

Others can correct me if I'm off  :D.
Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

Not sure on the 67 details, but it would be a Marti report item almost certainly because it requires modification to the doors

shlby66

I bought my '67 GT350, brand new ( right off the showroom floor ), in May, of 1967,  at Rich Ford,
      Albuquerque, NM. It was delivered, with the Ford AM radio.

I think most, if not all, '67's, got the AM radio.

Doug

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 17, 2020, 04:22:00 PM
Not sure on the 67 details, but it would be a Marti report item almost certainly because it requires modification to the doors
The 67 Shelby with a AM FM is very rare . I think Dave Mathews the registrar said something like one or two from the factory. I don't know if that number has changed with new info. The 67 AM FM is mono only so there is no modifications to the doors like for the AM 8 track which was stereo. Only 1 speaker in the dash for AM FM .Dave will have to confirm but I don't think there were any AM 8track factory installed in 67.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6T6/7

My car came with AM/FM and is included in the dealer invoice, but not Marti report.  It may have commonly been done as a dealer installed upgrade at the time instead of factory.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6T6/7 on April 17, 2020, 05:13:48 PM
My car came with AM/FM and is included in the dealer invoice, but not Marti report.  It may have commonly been done as a dealer installed upgrade at the time instead of factory.
+1 . A very common occurrence however not many have a dealer invoice to support the claim.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Royce Peterson

If it happened at the factory it would be on the Marti Report. If it happened at any time after the car left Ford then it would not be on the report.

Quote from: shelbyhertz66 on April 17, 2020, 03:56:07 PM
Hi All,
So I was wondering if a 67 Shelby has an AM/FM ford radio
that was factory installed would that be noted on the Marty report?
my car has one but it could have been installed by a previous owner.
Thanks for any ideas.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

shelbyhertz66

Hi All,
Thanks for the great input , always good help from folks here.
So my doors are not modified.  This car has quite a lot of documentation
but no dealer invoice and it's not mentioned on the Marti report.  The radio works
fine so no plans to change it . I rarely listen to it anyway as the sound of the solid
lifters happily clattering away is much more soothing to the ears..

Coralsnake

Its a great upgrade

No problems with a modification. For others I would suggest not cutting doors, but adding speakers elsewhere

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 18, 2020, 10:55:47 AM
Its a great upgrade

No problems with a modification. For others I would suggest not cutting doors, but adding speakers elsewhere
+1 . Kick panel speakers are a easier aftermarket upgrade if adding speakers elsewhere available from most larger vendors. 

roddster

I've seen this somewhere: the factory AM/FM was not available from the factory until after December 15th of 1966.
   66, 67, 68 was the dawn of time for the FM band.

Coralsnake is correct, it is a nice upgrade.

JD

I thought the FM radios were not available until March of '67.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Royce Peterson

+1 no one I know would object to it being there. Especially if it works!

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 18, 2020, 10:55:47 AM
Its a great upgrade

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

acapulco350

These are very cool radios

just had this one fixed up for my 67

and nobody objects to it being there like Royce said