News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Alterntor Pulleys

Started by JWH, April 18, 2020, 02:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

There are have been a number of questions about engine details for the 1967 GT500s lately and I have learned a ton. Thanks to all for the replies and knowledge shared. I have spent a good amount of time searching wondering about the alternator pulleys on the '67 Shelbys. Did all of the alternators have a dual fan belt pulley? Were the GT350 and GT500 pulleys the same? I think the cars with A/C may have a single fan belt pulley?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

J_Speegle

Quote from: JWH on April 18, 2020, 02:23:41 PM
Did all of the alternators have a dual fan belt pulley?

No not all 67 Shelbys

Quote from: JWH on April 18, 2020, 02:23:41 PMWere the GT350 and GT500 pulleys the same? ....

No

If your focused on your particular car/needs might be best if you list the engine, AC or no AC? and Thermactor or without
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JWH

My car is a GT500, 4 speed. Ford build date 1/26/67 and SAI completion date 2/22/67. No A/C.

Thanks

The Going Thing

No A/C cars had dual alt belts. AC cars are singles.

JWH

Just to clarify Keith's post:

All GT500s that came without A/C should have the dual fan belt Alternator

All GT500s that came with A/C should have a single belt Alternator. 

Correct? 

68krrrr

I purchased a couple things from Deadnuts this week including this alternator unit with the double pulley which he does sell separately
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

JD

Does DeadNutsOn take alternator cores in exchange or just sell new units outright?

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: JD on April 19, 2020, 02:15:36 PM
Does DeadNutsOn take alternator cores in exchange or just sell new units outright?

I believe they can do both. Although, I've only ever bought a new unit from them with no core from me.
Nothing beats a classic!

JWH

Good intel on the alternators available from Dead Nuts On. These look like very nice parts and I like that the true output is 55 amps. Thanks for the replies.

The Going Thing

AMK offers them as well. Just for reference.