News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

R-Model Lexan Rear Window

Started by R-MODEL1965, April 20, 2020, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlplunkett

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one wondering about these details. I know race vehicles get a host of changes during their active career so it's difficult to know from current photos how the cars were originally built. I had these photos of 5R530 that don't seem to show any of the original gasket in use. It looks like the lexan is pretty much flush with the body work. looks like you can see the edge of the lexan in the exterior photo. In the interior photo you can see  that a thin layer of black material is in place between the aluminum spacer and the lexan. (hope the resolution of the posted images isn't too degraded to be useful. You may have to save and open the image to zoom in and see the detail)
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

Jbarela

So not to hijack this thread but figured I would just show some pics of my work today. Took about three hours, lots of bending with my hands, knee, foot, engine stand rotating bar and a good old hammer. They came flat and curved and were in no way meant to be a drop in and install window at least without instructions they are not as I winged it.