News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wiring

Started by proford1, April 20, 2020, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proford1

i purchased this wiring from Pete over 10 years ago if i remember right. never took it out of the box. It was in my hot florida garage and the packing peanuts melted to it. My fault but luckily they cleaned up with a rag and a light coat of solvent.

i also went thru some parts i was givin back when i bought the car, i Found this box of Dynamite sticks with what looks like a shelby part number on it but i cant read it. not sure if these are nos or memorex.

68blk500c

flasher sticks look like Memorex to me.

The Going Thing

I hope the pretzels aren't over 10 years old.. ;D  I bought a set from Branda in the early '90s. They had the same instruction sheet in them. Perhaps they were a copy of the originals? The reproductions Branda offered looked exactly like the OE units at the time too.

Coralsnake

Original sequencers were in cardboard tubes and have a large plug attached. To the best of my knowledge Branda has never sold anything remotely close to the original design.

I do agree it looks the directions are from the aftermarket sequencers ( but not anything I ever sold)

I am guessing those aftermarket sequencers are in an aluminum tube and have no plug on the wires
Those are the ones Branda has sold since the 1980s

Later, there was a joint project between myself and Cougars Unlimited to reproduce the most accurate reproduction sequencers in cardboard tubes with the correct wiring. Several vendors now sell them.

The Going Thing

Branda offered them in the 80's and 90's. They were sealed in resin in a "toilet paper" type tube and were gold. I wired a set into my 1967 car and I didn't like that the brake lights sequenced.  It's why I went to Alloy Metal Products to get reproduction plugs made up to make up a harness so I could run original Cougar sequentials.  Vic is a great guy and was very helpful when I ran into a couple walls.

Coralsnake

Here is an auction for one Branda reproduction (larger no plug) and one of the later reproductions with a plug .

Good comparison of how they differ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Shelby-Sequential-Controller-Tubes-S8MS-13A366-AK/124157364954?hash=item1ce85b0ada:g:EgwAAOSw4E5emfCj

The Going Thing

The pair had the plug. Washed out gold in a paper tube filled with a resin.  They had the exact wiring instructions thatis shown here. I am not questioning originality, just design as offered Via Branda 30+ years ago. 

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

I am not questioning what the other person says he purchased.

I am not aware of any reproductions being sold with plugs prior to the later reproductions. It would seem counter productive to change your reproductions to something incorrect (ie., w/o plugs). The ones I bought from Branda in the 1980s were as I described.  I believe they still source their reproductions from the same vendor and still sell the version without the plug attached. It would also be odd they would send directions to splice every wire if a plug was already attached. In that case, the directions would be incorrect.

I will let you make your own mind up based on the information presented.

Bob Gaines

Didn't Scott Fuller make up some exact repros at one time ? He even had a choice of date codes .  I don't see them on his website site. What a shame they are gone.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Will send you a private message on the Fuller parts. I dont think he is offering them any longer, but please check with him.