News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Passenger side mirror

Started by 68krrrr, April 21, 2020, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68krrrr

Was this an option for 67 ,did it show up on Marti reports or invoices & if so was it always the remote type ,or was it something installed by dealers.Mine doesn't have one but i've seen plenty of 67 pics where they have one,it's a real Pia trying to park without one.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on April 21, 2020, 12:22:16 AM
Was this an option for 67 ,did it show up on Marti reports or invoices & if so was it always the remote type ,or was it something installed by dealers.Mine doesn't have one but i've seen plenty of 67 pics where they have one,it's a real Pia trying to park without one.
The passenger side mirror was not a factory option on a Shelby. A lot of people added them for the reasons you suggested. It is a common add on. Just don't install one and get upset if it gets a deduction in concours. If not showing in concours then given it is your car and you feel that a non stock item is in your best interest then go for it.  Best not to use the term "Dealer Installed" because it is used almost universally to justify a non stock out of the ordinary item on a car. Savvy enthusiasts know when someone uses that term that it is usually turns out to be just a excuse. It makes me feel sorry for the people who have legitimate provable dealer installed items because their claims are looked at with skepticism also because the term is so over used.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Practice makes perfect.If you have trouble parking it you aren't driving it enough. 8)

68krrrr

Ok thanks Bob & God damn another concours deduct point coming my way, i'm gonna be at "Zero point zero " soon lol .But i really do respect the dedication & hard work it must take some of you guys that have built your own concours quality cars ,i need to get to one of the conventions to actually see some of them.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

GT350DAVE

Passenger side mirror looks out of place.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

pbf777

How many point deductions do curb feelers cost you?      ::)

Scott.

mlplunkett

Shouldn't be a deduction as long as they're "Dealer Installed".
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

Dealer installed when???My original dealer,Theodore Robins ford is still in business,so if I go in and get a rear view camera installed,then.......???? ;D 8)

JD

Quote from: mlplunkett on April 22, 2020, 12:16:47 PM
...with supporting paper work dated before the owner took initial delivery - if I understand correctly.

Quote from: pbf777 on April 22, 2020, 11:17:44 AM
     How many point deductions do curb feelers cost you?      ::)

Scott.
Depends - do they illuminate too?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mlplunkett on April 22, 2020, 12:16:47 PM
It is not a deduction if you can prove it was dealer installed before the first customer took delivery new. That is the current line in the sand.Too many people have used that "Dealer installed " excuse to justify a non stock item which makes it bad for those that have legitimate claims.  If the burden of reasonable legitimate proof was not important then things like "dealer installed "427 engines, Paxton superchargers ,Koni Shocks, Hurst shifters , Le mans stripes etc. would have to be automatically excepted by anyone making the claim. FYI PO hearsay testimony is not typically considered without back up documentation.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

Morf:  Slowly swinging into another form.

Not to long ago (well 10 so years ago) it was stated that, an outside rear veiw mirror was a "safety item", so, no points off given.  But times change.
  Tough $&*! for us 3rd, 4th, 5th and so owners.  It's OK, I still enjoy my right rearview mirror'd, AM/FMed, BFG tired, soon to be T-panned 67 GT350.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on April 22, 2020, 12:25:10 PM
Dealer installed when???My original dealer,Theodore Robins ford is still in business,so if I go in and get a rear view camera installed,then.......???? ;D 8)
I once had a Concours entrant who had a 67 GT500 with a Dealer installed 427. He had what appeared to be legitimate dealer documentation however the work was done in 1976 instead of when new. That was the only legitimate claim . Unfortunately that was many years too late. I and others have seen many phoneyed up paperwork documentation to support "Dealer installed" claims.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on April 22, 2020, 12:35:08 PM
  Morf:  Slowly swinging into another form.

Not to long ago (well 10 so years ago) it was stated that, an outside rear veiw mirror was a "safety item", so, no points off given.  But times change.
  Tough $&*! for us 3rd, 4th, 5th and so owners.  It's OK, I still enjoy my right rearview mirror'd, AM/FMed, BFG tired, soon to be T-panned 67 GT350.
You are not considering how show classes have also morphed to accommodate more people . There is not just one class.  At SAAC Premiere = Factory stock restored as new with no reproduction parts , Concours =Factory stock restored as new with quality reproduction parts ,Survivor = Unrestored with a large percentage original paint . Popular vote  = non factory stock modification allowed. That way everyone is not lumped into one class . That has evolved into a pretty diverse set of class's .  MCA has even more classes distinguished by varying degrees to help owners do their own thing. 

roddster

Believe me when I say "I know".  Time marches on.....

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on April 22, 2020, 01:20:01 PM
  Believe me when I say "I know".  Time marches on.....
I hear you brother. ;D