News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1964 AC Cobra 289 For sale

Started by CSX 4133, April 25, 2020, 07:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

Impressive looking car, it really needs a better sales presentation and documentation of it's history.

https://www.racingedge.com/paddock/cars/ac-cobra-1964-289-usrrc-race-car-original/

prototypefan

cut and paste remarketer

some cars are from Fantasy Junction

SFM5S000

Wrong side pipes for a USRRC car. No Weber's, chrome roll bar?

~E

rstainer

This is from the ACOC's Forum (www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum) three weeks ago:

"'On offer is a huge part of racing history! An original 1964 AC Cobra, 289 USRRC race car. This has been owned by my client for nearly « 40 » years. Authentic and ready! Raced at all of the amazing USA tracks as you would expect!...........'
This was sold as a road car in 1980 with 'chrome wires, front end damage, new body panels included' and then 427ised for vintage racing. As the USRRC only ran from 1963 to 1968, its exclamatory description would appear to miss the mark."

RS

Wouldn't kick it out of the garage......

Love it as-is.

Wish I had $1M, (with taxes), banging around in my pocket.

Cobra Ned

This ad does a real disservice to the owner of the car pictured. What is being advertised is a street 289 Cobra that was reconstructed as a cutback door race car during the '80s. To call it a USRRC race car and label it "Original!" is dumb.