Author Topic: BaT Auction - 1967 GT500 #2859  (Read 9679 times)

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
Re: BaT Auction - 1967 GT500 #2859
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
I sold a car on BaT last year and all went very smoothly.  Respectful reader comments/questions, and a fast-paying buyer (nice guy too.)

Of course, it helped that my car was realistically priced (reasonable reserve $) and was honestly represented, with nearly 100 photos/videos, docs, old photos, etc.

I worked with my BaT rep to make sure the description was detailed enough. It needed to be lengthy as there was a lot to cover. Their first draft of the description left out a bunch of pertinent info. But, the rep was easy to work with and quick to respond.   

The selling price turned out to be pretty close to my estimate (a hair under, but close enough.)

I may have had an extraordinarily good experience, but I would do it again.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:59:09 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »
I know ITHERTZ's auctions, for you other guys, I would love to look up your auctions to see the cars and find out who the turd buyers were.

I bid on a car fully expecting the reserve to be higher than my bids.

Ended up winning. I was not expecting that. You know what? I sucked it up and paid for it.

Immediately.

I don't get people who don't live up to their word.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2020, 09:43:06 PM »
I sold a car on BaT last year and all went very smoothly.  Respectful reader comments/questions, and a fast-paying buyer (nice guy too.)

Of course, it helped that my car was realistically priced (reasonable reserve $) and was honestly represented, with nearly 100 photos/videos, docs, old photos, etc.

I worked with my BaT rep to make sure the description was detailed enough. It needed to be lengthy as there was a lot to cover. Their first draft of the description left out a bunch of pertinent info. But, the rep was easy to work with and quick to respond.   

The selling price turned out to be pretty close to my estimate (a hair under, but close enough.)
What car did you sell?

QSS

I may have had an extraordinarily good experience, but I would do it again.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2020, 09:44:59 PM »
I too sold a high dollar car on BAT and got nothing from the buyer. So they reposted it for free after I took new picts, videos, etc. then it was bid to 10% less and all the comments pointed to something was wrong and that’s why the seller didn’t buy it. Then it’s always online with 2 no sales and all the internet detectives are hard at work. It was difficult to sell as the first thing that comes up
When you google the vin is BAT. Go figure

That's a legitimate gripe right there!  I know I'm suspicious of relisted cars, but I also know that buyers like to play games at the expense of the seller.  I sold one car on BaT and when the buyer won the auction, he started discussions on how to arrange an inspection to see if he wants to buy the car.  As if he thought he won the right of first refusal with his winning bid!  I got BaT involved right away and we put pressure on the buyer to complete the transaction on the car and got it done.  I was worried there for a while.  I think I escaped a bad outcome.

BaT should not be allowed to keep their collected bidders fees on transactions that aren't completed.  This should go (in part) to the seller and BaT should be doing a better job of protecting sellers and not just their own interests.  I still think it's a great place to sell and buy cars, though.  Especially now during COVID.  They are going to take a HUGE chunk from the big guys and the big guys are going to lose a lot of clients to BaT for the long haul after this all clears up.
Troy!!!!! You got me hooked on BAT!! ;D

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.