News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

glass etching stencils

Started by TLea, April 23, 2020, 06:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

Does anybody have a source for someone that makes glass etching stencils? Not looking for company that sells glass etched but the stencils themselves
Thanks

98SVT - was 06GT

I used to use tape and hand cut them. I'd print what I wanted and glue that to 3 layers of masking tape and use an xacto. Works for one off but if you are looking to make a lot of items like glasses consider getting some cut out of brass. If you are trying to make correct dates on glass there are some newer tough tapes you could probably get cut at any decal cutter.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on April 23, 2020, 06:45:08 PM
Does anybody have a source for someone that makes glass etching stencils? Not looking for company that sells glass etched but the stencils themselves
Thanks
Tim,check with Bossbill here. or on the concours site . I saw a ad today he placed on the concours forum for stencils he had made up to etch FOMOCO trademark headlight bulbs .Bill may be able to help with a recommendation.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mk31755

Tim;

I have a gold concours 1956 Austin Healey.  Original windshields are nonexistent.  A gentleman named Richard Gordon had glass etching decals made to be etched onto the glass of the windshield to make them look authentic.  He has a whole process to etch the decal on to the glass.  If done properly it is undetectable. The company who made the decals was Rayzist.  They are in California.
                                               Mark K.

68blk500c

TLea

Thanks guys for the replies. I am very familiar with process, we do them in house a lot. The guy that did my stencils disappeared (died?) and I need a new supplier. I don't want the type for sand blasting but the type to use with etching cream