News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Water Pump

Started by Shawn, May 01, 2020, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I have a few C6OE-A  hipo waterpumps and all have minor differences.  Can someone post a detailed picture of what should be on a 66?

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn

Here are the pictures between the 2 HiPo water pumps I have.

There is a raised cast section - one with relief drilled out for future tapping and one without the hole - which is correct?

One hub is tapered and one hub is not tapered - which is correct?

Shawn

CharlesTurner

Sometimes it's difficult to determine answers like this when many of these pumps were rebuilt by jobbers with no regard to putting back the same parts that came off.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Shawn

Thanks and yes this is proving difficult - I was hoping someone had an original unrestored to determine what is correct. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shawn on May 04, 2020, 10:24:37 AM
Here are the pictures between the 2 HiPo water pumps I have.

There is a raised cast section - one with relief drilled out for future tapping and one without the hole - which is correct?

One hub is tapered and one hub is not tapered - which is correct?
I thought i would post the same here as I did your other thread.Most likely two different OEM MFG's on the two different ones.Ford many time used multiple sources for parts.  FYI the casting number is only imperative in the premiere class. The concours class if wrong casting number would typically warrant a mention .A deduction would be if the casting was far off the mark like a aftermarket version etc. At least that is the way I see it .Others may see it differently.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby