News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Putting thing in perspective

Started by FL SAAC, May 01, 2020, 09:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

"Putting Things in Perspective"

A young lady by the name of Anne Frank spent two years hiding in an attic with eight people.

The group lived in constant fear of being discovered and could never go outside.

They had to remain quiet during daytime and night time in order to avoid detection.

Their food was sparse and rationed.

After 25 months of hiding, the group was discovered by the Gestapo.

Let's just say their story did not have a good ending.

Let's talk about us now, some of us have been quarantined for a few weeks. We have internet, Netflix, Facebook, video games,  phones, Skype, food delivery, food pick up, we can roam or drive to "essential" places.

And some are complaining they can't go to Starbucks,  McDonalds or that chicken place.

Why are some people so hysterical ?

We have a saying "maybe it's not home sweet home, adjust".
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

If you have soil till it.Most therapeutic (and seasonal) ;)

Don Johnston

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 01, 2020, 09:58:21 PM
"Putting Things in Perspective"

A young lady by the name of Anne Frank spent two years hiding in an attic with eight people.

The group lived in constant fear of being discovered and could never go outside.

They had to remain quiet during daytime and night time in order to avoid detection.

Their food was sparse and rationed.

After 25 months of hiding, the group was discovered by the Gestapo.

Let's just say their story did not have a good ending.

Let's talk about us now, some of us have been quarantined for a few weeks. We have internet, Netflix, Facebook, video games,  phones, Skype, food delivery, food pick up, we can roam or drive to "essential" places.

And some are complaining they can't go to Starbucks,  McDonalds or that chicken place.

Why are some people so hysterical ?

We have a saying "maybe it's not home sweet home, adjust".
+1

Why are some people hysterical?

My business was forced to close 6 weeks ago by a governor owned by the government employees. All of my overhead keeps rolling in and that includes the taxes which are due, in full, while said government has not trimmed $1 of spending.

Oh, BTW, we aren't at war with another country.

I am hemorrhaging Cash because the media and leftists have taken a real virus and manufactured a crisis out of it.

My state has 7.7M residents. In 3 months we have had just over 800 deaths. 600+ were patients in nursing homes with previously underlying conditions.

800 out of 7.7M comes to .0001171%

We now have over 1.3M unemployed people. Only about half of those get unemployment checks. 1/2 of all businesses are closed. Many never to return.

You want to protect yourself or family members? Follow social distancing guidelines, wear a mask, wash your hands, stay away from gatherings, quarantine your vulnerable family members or your self.

Take responsibility for yourself!

Before you preach about being calm and taking a vacation, come write some big checks to fulfill your obligations and watch your life's work and savings swirl the drain.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 2112 on May 02, 2020, 11:39:06 AM
Why are some people hysterical?

My business was forced to close 6 weeks ago by a governor owned by the government employees. All of my overhead keeps rolling in and that includes the taxes which are due, in full, while said government has not trimmed $1 of spending.

Oh, BTW, we aren't at war with another country.

I am hemorrhaging Cash because the media and leftists have taken a real virus and manufactured a crisis out of it.

My state has 7.7M residents. In 3 months we have had just over 800 deaths. 600+ were patients in nursing homes with previously underlying conditions.

800 out of 7.7M comes to .0001171%

We now have over 1.3M unemployed people. Only about half of those get unemployment checks. 1/2 of all businesses are closed. Many never to return.

You want to protect yourself or family members? Follow social distancing guidelines, wear a mask, wash your hands, stay away from gatherings, quarantine your vulnerable family members or your self.

Take responsibility for yourself!

Before you preach about being calm and taking a vacation, come write some big checks to fulfill your obligations and watch your life's work and savings swirl the drain.

I'm truly sorry, Michael.  This situation is incredibly tough for all, and even harder for some.

Being in HR, I've privy to what's happening from a people perspective in other companies.  Furlows, Reduction in Force, forced vacation are all becoming a reality.  What's really sad (from a global perspective) is how terrible our employment laws are in the US versus other countries.  The first place that global companies look to shed money is in the North America, because it's the cheapest and easiest method.  In come other countries, you can't force people to take vacation, take an unpaid absence (Furlow), and if you did want to eliminate their position, you may have to pay out multiple years worth of salary since they are on a true employment contract versus "At Will".  In fact, one mid-level leader would required 600K Euros to be removed from the organization, even though that person makes under 100K Euros a year.  However, in the US, you can eliminate someone's role and pay them 2-4 weeks of salary with no support for medical insurance (COBRA) coverage; which can run up to $1,700 / month for a family.  It's really sad.

The good news is that there are some companies that are still hiring.  I hope that those who are out of a job will find relief.

Personally, I've been part of multiple reductions in force with different companies, and I've been on both sides of the table.  It's not fun for anyone.

I truly feel for those business owners and workers who suffering. 

In Texas, they have started to slowly open up the state starting yesterday.  My wife and I made the decision to have dinner out last night at one of our favorite restaurants post talking with the owner over the phone.  The safeguards they have in place are truly amazing, and it was VERY encouraging to see many people dinning, especially given the restaurant can only run at 25% capacity for the time being.  We had a wonderful dinner, never felt in danger, and thanked our waitress in more ways than one.  Plus, it was great to see other people in person other than my family.  FWIW - I felt more vulnerable getting groceries (where people are picking things up with no gloves, etc.) than I did going out to dinner.

I hope that we get back to some normality soon.  In the meantime, my family and I will take precautions and live our lives accordingly.
Nothing beats a classic!