News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Goodyear Eagle ST tire

Started by Shelbybo1, May 02, 2020, 11:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerworks

Well, I went for the radials.... they look sharp and fill the wheelwell nicely

FL SAAC

Looking good in the neighborhood.
Outstanding!
Quote from: computerworks on June 15, 2020, 08:11:11 PM
Well, I went for the radials.... they look sharp and fill the wheelwell nicely

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

YUP!! NOW FOR A ER-70-15!!! PLEASE!
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on June 15, 2020, 06:53:02 PM
In addition to Bob's suggestions, Bechley's bleach-white tire cleaner does and amazing job brightening up white letters, just use gloves.
The product I have always used Westley's Bleche White was bought out by Black Magic and they changed the formula which is so much weaker . I did a google search for Bechley's bleach -white  and couldn't I find it. The westley's product which is obsolete keeps coming up. Where are you getting it from ? I am looking for a new tire cleaner .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Cobra66

S.O.S. scrubbing soap pads and warm water do wonders for raised white letters on tires. Makes the raised white letters nice and white.

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 15, 2020, 10:32:45 PM
In addition to Bob's suggestions, Bechley's bleach-white tire cleaner does and amazing job brightening up white letters, just use gloves.
The product I have always used Westley's Bleche White was bought out by Black Magic and they changed the formula which is so much weaker . I did a google search for Bechley's bleach -white  and couldn't I find it. The westley's product which is obsolete keeps coming up. Where are you getting it from ? I am looking for a new tire cleaner .

LOL! You are correct. I couldn't remember the exact name but you had it nailed.

Sorry to hear it isn't as good as it used to be.

I agree...much weaker and now I know why.  I noticed a clear difference from what I used before, but I did not know that there was formulary change.  I started using it in '86 on the whitewalls of my '66 Coupe when I was in high school.  I might have to go back to using Comet or try the SOS pads for my RWL.

shelbydoug

I found that the entire tire cleans up with using a power washer. The white is white and the black is black.

Makes the tire look new.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

Quote from: 2112 on June 16, 2020, 12:53:07 AM

LOL! You are correct. I couldn't remember the exact name but you had it nailed.

Sorry to hear it isn't as good as it used to be.
Hell, I cant remember what I done yesterday, but I knew what Michael was talking about.  And I believe BG hit the nail on the head. Cause now that I looked at my bottle, it is black magic and I too noticed it being weaker.  But better than most copy cats.

Actually I think somewhere amongst the junk downstairs I have an old bottle of Westley's  ;D

Maybe they weakened it because you could burn your hands and they were thinking about lawsuits?

FL SAAC

We are very aware of all the magnificent products known to man for cleaning white lettered tires.

Even used a power washer,  Clorox, mineral spirits and lacquer thinner.

They momentarily give it a white surface but in one or two weeks they bleed through the white.

That is why we will not purchase that brand again

That is why we give low marks on both surveys

The only reason we even gave it a 1, is because they are round

This GOMA  is NO BUENO

Gracias

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Come on Goodyear catch up to Firestone and repro a E70-15 and a FR60-15 while your at it how about a FR70-15???? PLEASE!!!! I don't want non radial tires.....
RARE  Signature Delete

I don't think Firestone or Goodyear are in anyway involved in the reproduction tires. They sold licensing rights to Kelsey and Coker (& possibly others)  to make them.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on June 16, 2020, 09:25:47 PM
I don't think Firestone or Goodyear are in anyway involved in the reproduction tires. They sold licensing rights to Kelsey and Coker (& possibly others)  to make them.
I believe John Kelsey uses the goodyear equipment at one of their facilities to mfg the tires from molds he typically has to re invent.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby