News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

miles tripmeter speedometer

Started by 67 GT350, May 05, 2020, 04:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

On a 70, the speedometer works great, the tripmeter works, but the mileage reading will not move....Any ideas?
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelby_r_b

Must be part of the "Signature Delete" option.   ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

dream car

There are plastic gears inside the speedo, one or more is broken probably. The cable turn the dial, also the gears. Hope this help
DON'T DRIVE AS FAST AS I USED TO 50 YEARS AGO

Why mess with perfection???Low mileage car forever!!!AND with no fraudulent intent on your part (bonus!!!) :o 8)

67 GT350

In Tennessee that works....(and it will when we get there) I can just say it broke 430 miles after restoration, which is exactly what happened. BUT not in good old New York State where every car is "commented" to NYS servers in Albany, during state safety inspection, and they know how many miles you drive every year....My Big Brother Friend! Fortunately old cars are just recorded manually for NYS to see...

I just would rather it fixed ASAP because it has original miles on it. I do not look forward to having to pull the dash out, I get sick working under a dash! Being older, "I cannot seem to do as many stupid things that I did in my 20's when I did many more stupid things, and did not care.....LOL", FGI. I put that in quotes because I thought that was a great statement and people might want to use it!
RARE  Signature Delete

The Going Thing

They are magnetically driven internally and gear driven via the cable.. You'll have to pull it and send it for service. Phil Severence is where you want it to go. He's great and does it quickly. He cleaned up the mess the Tach Man did on my Tach and Speedo.
It'll be a good time for you to fix your Pertronix issue as well. You'll have to pull the cluster to do it anyway.  You have the digits, feel free to use them.

https://www.phidonrestorations.com/contact.php