News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT350 GT500 PS hose junction bracket

Started by Bob Gaines, May 07, 2020, 10:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

This question seems to confuse a lot of newer enthusiasts who think that they know better so I thought I would make it perfectly clear . 67 Shelby's regardless of if GT350 or GT500 were meant to use the same typical big block power steering bracket used in regular Mustang.  One bracket used in both. The small block regular Mustang bracket was not used. Why used on both is not so clear but maybe because the same power steering hoses from the control valve to the rubber junction block are the same big block regular Mustang hoses that were used in both GT350 GT500. I suppose I could have explained it the the way Special ED sometime does ,"That's just the way it is" .  ;D Thank Virginia Mustang for the easy grab pictures.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Tired Sheep

There are people that know a lot

And others that think they know it all

Thanks Bob ! I appreciate your contributions

Shelby_r_b

Bob, I think that some of the confusion may have come from your statement in another post, regarding the PS Hose Junction Bracket, "He needs the typical big block bracket holding the rubber junction block".  Some might have read that as there being two different types - one for GT350s and one for GT500s.

Nothing beats a classic!

Special Ed

Yes and I should have worded my post a little different also but I always figure since this board is discussing performance cars only that's what I am referring to excluding cars like 6 cyl. of which the p/s is different again but like 69 gt350 and 500 they both use the same p/s hose mounting brackets as well as cougars and mustangs with 351 and 428s.

The Going Thing

Bob, I would guess that the same bracket was used for 67 big or small block because of the PS oil cooler hose being routed to the cooler instead of directly to the reservoir.. The Small block bracket was mounted to the motor mount bracket and the hoses passed over top instead of under if my memory serves me correctly.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: The Going Thing on May 18, 2020, 12:06:37 AM
Bob, I would guess that the same bracket was used for 67 big or small block because of the PS oil cooler hose being routed to the cooler instead of directly to the reservoir.. The Small block bracket was mounted to the motor mount bracket and the hoses passed over top instead of under if my memory serves me correctly.
The same junction bracket was used for 67 Shelby big or small block partially because of the PS return line hose being routed to the radiator support mounted cooler instead of directly to the reservoir and partially because of a similar to the big block upper pressure line to the back of the pump used on the GT350.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

The Going Thing

That was what I said as well. It makes sense being the hose for the PS oil cooler is mounted to the front core support big or small block. I agree with you.