Author Topic: Silver 67 Gt350  (Read 7105 times)

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Silver 67 Gt350
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 12:13:52 AM »
I too love my lime gold Shelby and get a tremendous amount of compliments on the color.  I really like that it is Not the same color as 90% of the cars on the road today. I too think it shows extremely well. I am sure in the day when they oxided they did not look great but that is pretty true with any of the colors.  In my opinion I have never seen a Shelby color I did not love. Brittney blue 67 is my absolute favorite though.
Corey
While I am one that loved Henry Ford's old saying about the color of his Model Ts and being a "color change" guy I really like Lime gold. Back when I was 10 they used to sell those "candy" colored spray bombs and I painted my Schwinn bike lime gold. In a BC CC the color looks really good. But Highland green or black jade. Not for me. ditto on grabber blue. That is why those 2 Shelbys I had got color changed. I color changed more Mustangs than I can count. But I actually went back to Indian fire red from candy apple red on a 69 R-code Mach1(concours) since it was a rust free California car(100 percent rust free) against my wife's wishes but since I was adding the goodies to it i felt the car would look stunning. It did. Too nice to drive so I sold it. Looking back only a few Mustangs that I had painted over the last 40 years I actually went back to the original color when painted of the cars that actually needed paint. Here is the IF red car. The back half is pictured above with my red GT500 in a driveway pic. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »
Instead of getting angry about someone making a color change, I will unleash on the Morons who are powering their Mustangs (and Panteras) with Chevrolet engines.

Exactly! Sacrilege!   I did stay with original color offerings, I just don't like funky colors.  Besides, Acapulco with Lt Parchment is stunning.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 10:12:00 AM »
Instead of getting angry about someone making a color change, I will unleash on the Morons who are powering their Mustangs (and Panteras) with Chevrolet engines.

Exactly! Sacrilege!   I did stay with original color offerings, I just don't like funky colors.  Besides, Acapulco with Lt Parchment is stunning.
The saying is do you know why Ford designed the Ford GT for only a 6 cylinder? So no one could do an LS swap. Personally I hate changing the manufactures engines out to a competitors but what I also hate is the late model engine swaps in older cars. A coyote engine is ugly and you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. Nothing looks more beautiful that a good old 60s American V8. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2020, 11:08:04 AM »
I find the LS engine to be pretty dang ugly as well. But they don't bother me in a nice GM vehicle.

I don't see many warrantied OEM LS engines putting out 580 horses out of 317 cubic inches.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:10:10 AM by 2112 »

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2020, 10:11:22 AM »
I find the LS engine to be pretty dang ugly as well. But they don't bother me in a nice GM vehicle.

I don't see many warrantied OEM LS engines putting out 580 horses out of 317 cubic inches.
I understand your blue oval allegiance as to knock the LS. An old friend and former neighbor of mine who many years ago bought a drag pack 69 R-code off of me and ex-Ford engineer was the guy who mapped out the LS for GMPP. While you make that statement my old friend Brian pushed over 2000 HP out of a stock LS block. Used to be a video of it online at his website Thomson Racing engines but isn't there anymore since he sold his business to Lingenfelter a few years ago. Seeing Brian's 72 Chevelle with an LS pushing 950HP or his LS 2012 Grand Sport Vette pushing 1K horsepower that can be driven anywhere(Chevelle did the Hot Rod power tour and was on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine) I would never knock an LS for what it "can't" do or if it is warrantied. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »
Your Ford egineer friend must have been responsible for all the 351W design features that somehow showed up on the LS platform. I would have expected a lot out of a Windsor designed in the late 90's as well.

I didn't say the the LS was a bad engine, I said it was ugly, much like you said the Coyote was ugly.

You did know that a Ford GT with a 3000 hp Modular engine owns the standing mile record, right?

Custom builders have been building huge power engines for decades.

I don't hate the LS engine. (I love the C7 among other GM classics) I hate the LS engine in a Ford.

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2020, 11:44:19 AM »
Also noted several Ford innovations wound up in use on the LS block. The cross-bolted mains for one.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
Your Ford egineer friend must have been responsible for all the 351W design features that somehow showed up on the LS platform. I would have expected a lot out of a Windsor designed in the late 90's as well.

I didn't say the the LS was a bad engine, I said it was ugly, much like you said the Coyote was ugly.

You did know that a Ford GT with a 3000 hp Modular engine owns the standing mile record, right?

I don't hate the LS engine. (I love the C7 among other GM classics) I hate the LS engine in a Ford.
if you read my post I think all late model engines look ugly for the most part in an early muscle/pony car. Some builders have done a masterful job "cleaning up late model engines so they look good but not a lot of them. I don't like the LS in a Ford. i don't like cross engine swaps period. And, yes, I like newer Mustangs. A good friend has a 14 GT500 that isn't stock(more HP) and is a fun car to drive in but for me it would be a c6-8 if I get into a late model performance car. Maybe because I work for GM? No, its because my wife insisted on back seats in my cars(including our classics) over the years because we have kids but the kids are grown now and she says the cars are too low to get into at our age. We shall see.... I offered 10K and my SCJ Mach1 a few years ago to my friend for his 67 Vette. He wouldn't trade and he is a FORD guy by and large. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 09:12:28 AM »

Michael, my old friend NEVER worked at GM. He was fortunate to be able to map out the LS for GMPP. He left Ford in the early 90s to start his own company. He had just had his contract  ended  building off road racing trucks for Ford.  He started working on the new platform back then with a couple of others and got an open contract to map the LS. He didn't design it or work for GM at the time. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »

Michael, my old friend NEVER worked at GM. He was fortunate to be able to map out the LS for GMPP. He left Ford in the early 90s to start his own company. He had just had his contract  ended  building off road racing trucks for Ford.  He started working on the new platform back then with a couple of others and got an open contract to map the LS. He didn't design it or work for GM at the time. Gary

I was ribbing you. But I will leave it at I really respect the LS. We have a 2011 SS Camaro and it is a fabulous car. So good, we'll never sell it.

I also love the C7. Love lots of GM Muscle (and 1 MOPAR, a '70 'cuda)

But I am, deep down, a Ford guy. And I am extremely impressed their warrantied crate engine is putting out 1.85 hp per cubic inch.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 01:03:06 PM »

I was ribbing you. But I will leave it at I really respect the LS. We have a 2011 SS Camaro and it is a fabulous car. So good, we'll never sell it.

But I am, deep down, a Ford guy. And I am extremely impressed their warrantied crate engine is putting out 1.85 hp per cubic inch.
8) .i have had a few Camaros home from work over the years. I like them. I like the door panel lighting at night. All were manuals(that is what I tag). My only pet peeve on a Camaro I won't mention because if you are not aware of it it might bug you. It's in the design of the body...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:06:58 PM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 01:11:47 PM »

and a few Vs
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
My pet peeve with the Camaro is the paint always looks like a couple of shades different between the door and quarter panel... :-\

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
My pet peeve with the Camaro is the paint always looks like a couple of shades different between the door and quarter panel... :-\

TOB
Spot on and it is because the transformation of the angle from the door to quarter do not blend. Cwertain colors are OK. Others are not. I studied that and it is the angle.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990