Author Topic: 1968 GT350 Blower Motor Resistor  (Read 1230 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
1968 GT350 Blower Motor Resistor
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »
I have a 1968 GT350 without A/C.  I am trying to figure out the correct resistor for the heater switch blower motor.  The pictures below show the one I removed from my car and the one I purchased a year or so ago to replace it.  They clearly do not match.

I am trying to figure out which is correct.  I have looked at NPD and CJ Pony Parts and not finding an answer.  I can not even seem to find one listed for a 1968 w/o A/C.  The one I removed from the car looks like the one in NPD for a 1965-67 Mustang.  The one I purchased looks like the one for a 1968 with A/C.

Can any one tell me what is correct for my car and where is the best place to buy a good replacement?

Thank you,

Corey

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 GT350 Blower Motor Resistor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:05:32 AM »
The one removed is correct.  The other is an aftermarket replacement that's a 'fits/functions' part.

Was there something wrong with the original?  They can usually be cleaned up and reinstalled without any issues.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
The prongs are very loose.  I was thinking about epoxying them from the back side and cleaning it up and using it as you suggest Charles.  If there are other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Corey

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »
If the original prongs are too lose to use, then maybe epoxy would work or would suggest finding a better original.  That repro is awful and the prongs aren't even the same config, the plug would be turned sideways when installed.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »
Agreed Charles.  I would never put that Repro thing in my car.  Thank you for your help.

Corey

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 11:08:01 AM »
Corey, there's a Mustang Junkyard in Charles County, not sure if they are open ( doubt it, but you could call). It's called Mike's Mustang's off Bryan road and it used to have over 1,000 mustangs, acres of rusty, nasty cars, just ripe for parts digging. The county made him get rid of a bunch of the cars, but there were still a bunch left when i was there a few years ago. I was able to get a bunch of small parts for my car over the years, it's a "U Pick type of lot. Call them and they probably have a car you can get parts off of. Watch out for ticks and snakes
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎