Author Topic: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969  (Read 43784 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Morrison's 67 GT500 AFTER 1969
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2020, 06:10:03 PM »
Love Chicago especially their song Question. 67 & 68

Answer to question #1 and #2. Who cares?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:11:48 PM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
Love the Doors

Answer to question #1 and #2. Who cares?

Keith, not everyone hates Jim Morrison.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2020, 06:17:51 PM »
After looking at the writing style, this is one of the experts (accomplice) on this site using a different " PEN NAME "

I would be curious to know what the LA Detective actually said about the car with first hand knowledge.

He and the car are dead and buried

When I hear this type of thing it makes me think of what Jim's bodyguard Tony Funches was quoted in a story about the search for this car.  “I’ve told everyone the same thing for years. It got towed after it was totaled. It went to the shredder and is lost forever to early recycling. That’s what junkyards do, did do, will do.”

The body guard like the detective had it right

Jim's former brother-in-law Alan Graham, told the story about the car disappearing from LAX in 1969. So there are two people close to Jim Morrison whose stories can be disputed by the for sale adds.

Dazed and confused

To the question about the license plate being used on another 1967 GT500. It could be entirely possible but I feel unlikely. What I have learned is at that time the license plates were sold with the vehicle. This is how I learned that car collectors can track a car's provenance in California by searching for sale adds via Newspapers.com.

Provenance fancy word used by the Bourgeoisie

The last story I heard about this particular car around the time of my OP, is this. The car still exists. It was purchased long before it was ever known to be Jim Morrison's car. It was sitting outside for years and still may be. It is in very poor condition. The person who owned the car has passed on and a car collector has been trying to buy the car for years from the family. This was told to me second hand but was told in a time-frame that the information was current at that time of my OP.

Okedokee

I have since been waiting for any type of further news to emerge toward that story to prove it so. Maybe the scenario about the car being reproduced and documented could be true. Maybe I am naive, but I have faith that the Shelby experts will be able verify or disprove any car that shows up purported to be the Blue Lady.

May we suggest a seance

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2020, 06:27:01 PM »
I remember this with Phil Spector's car, CSX 2287  Knowing about his dark side there may have been other reasons it stayed hidden and changed hands as it did.
That is a vehicle I would be reluctant to own. It certainly has a lot of dark history and tragedy.  I guess we'll never know the hows and whys, but they can't be good.

Waiting for 939

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2020, 08:10:50 PM »
After looking at the writing style, this is one of the experts (accomplice) on this site using a different " PEN NAME "
  Incorrect. Same OP guy, same Bat channel.
I would be curious to know what the LA Detective actually said about the car with first hand knowledge.

He and the car are dead and buried One of these things is not like the other

When I hear this type of thing it makes me think of what Jim's bodyguard Tony Funches was quoted in a story about the search for this car.  “I’ve told everyone the same thing for years. It got towed after it was totaled. It went to the shredder and is lost forever to early recycling. That’s what junkyards do, did do, will do.”

The body guard like the detective had it right Please refer to previous for-sale adds

Jim's former brother-in-law Alan Graham, told the story about the car disappearing from LAX in 1969. So there are two people close to Jim Morrison whose stories can be disputed by the for sale adds.

Dazed and confused Alright, alright, alright!

To the question about the license plate being used on another 1967 GT500. It could be entirely possible but I feel unlikely. What I have learned is at that time the license plates were sold with the vehicle. This is how I learned that car collectors can track a car's provenance in California by searching for sale adds via Newspapers.com.

Provenance fancy word used by the Bourgeoisie Rick DeBruhl and Mike Joy use this all the time on Barrett-Jackson.

The last story I heard about this particular car around the time of my OP, is this. The car still exists. It was purchased long before it was ever known to be Jim Morrison's car. It was sitting outside for years and still may be. It is in very poor condition. The person who owned the car has passed on and a car collector has been trying to buy the car for years from the family. This was told to me second hand but was told in a time-frame that the information was current at that time of my OP.

Okedokee You're welcome

I have since been waiting for any type of further news to emerge toward that story to prove it so. Maybe the scenario about the car being reproduced and documented could be true. Maybe I am naive, but I have faith that the Shelby experts will be able verify or disprove any car that shows up purported to be the Blue Lady.

May we suggest a seance I prefer an Ouiji Board. Oh and Jim refuses to give details. He just keeps repeating: I made the blue cars go away. And Mr. MOJO RISIN

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »
Jim was a good singer,musician writer....I like RUSH too,but unfortunately Geddy sings like Jim (if he were wearing pants that were 8 sizes too tight)....Say what you want man,but “Jimbo” knew how to “croon” IMHO... ;D

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
That dude was McFugly wearing that Louis the 14th rug on his head

I remember this with Phil Spector's car, CSX 2287  Knowing about his dark side there may have been other reasons it stayed hidden and changed hands as it did.
That is a vehicle I would be reluctant to own. It certainly has a lot of dark history and tragedy.  I guess we'll never know the hows and whys, but they can't be good.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2020, 09:26:01 PM »
Just maybe they will find it in an abandoned locker????

As Dave Hester would say YUUUP, you expert  !

Incorrect. Same OP guy, same Bat channel.

He and the car are dead and buried One of these things is not like the other

The body guard like the detective had it right Please refer to previous for-sale adds

Dazed and confused Alright, alright, alright!

Provenance fancy word used by the Bourgeoisie Rick DeBruhl and Mike Joy use this all the time on Barrett-Jackson.

Okedokee You're welcome

May we suggest a seance I prefer an Ouiji Board. Oh and Jim refuses to give details. He just keeps repeating: I made the blue cars go away. And Mr. MOJO RISIN

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2020, 09:44:16 PM »
Tony:
And that's the Truof!   Pfffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttt...

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »
Could the car still exist? It could. There are plenty of motivations for it to be off radar. There are plenty of owners who do not have any knowledge of SAAC.

It seems kind of contradictory to definitively say “ its gone “ and at the same time believe a fake could not be identified.

As Mr. Gaines stated earlier it will get a thorough evaluation. It will be similar to the two Bullitt cars. One passes muster and the other does not.

Many have tried to present fakes and many have failed. Any car presented in restored condition will always be suspect. If it does exist it needs to be shown, like Lil Red, as found. That was a very wise decision.

I am very confident people like and including, Mr. Gaines and Mr. Speegle have looked at more 1967 San Jose cars than any other fantasy cabal of forgers.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:10:05 PM by Coralsnake »

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2020, 09:18:51 PM »
those 68's just dont sit right.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2020, 07:39:34 AM »
If you could rehydrate  those raisins.....thatd be grapes.....

YUUUP !

Could the car still exist? It could. There are plenty of motivations for it to be off radar. There are plenty of owners who do not have any knowledge of SAAC.

It seems kind of contradictory to definitively say “ its gone “ and at the same time believe a fake could not be identified.

As Mr. Gaines stated earlier it will get a thorough evaluation. It will be similar to the two Bullitt cars. One passes muster and the other does not.

Many have tried to present fakes and many have failed. Any car presented in restored condition will always be suspect. If it does exist it needs to be shown, like Lil Red, as found. That was a very wise decision.

I am very confident people like and including, Mr. Gaines and Mr. Speegle have looked at more 1967 San Jose cars than any other fantasy cabal of forgers.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
Back to the topic at hand......

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too....

Actually the car still lives as recycled tuna cans...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy