Author Topic: Found them  (Read 1879 times)

proford1

• View Profile
Found them
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:46:43 PM »
3 of my 6 taillight covers were lost due to 3 had rust so those were put elsewhere. I knew they were there somewhere and I would bump into the when I wasnt searching for them. So I started fixing the rust.

6s2020

• View Profile
Re: Found them
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »

Nice save  :)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »
Looks great. I would think as hard as those are to find you probably spent less time doing the resto work then it would take to first find a correct single and then pay for it. Not to mention the satisfaction of the save.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

proford1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »
Mine are red on exterior and black on the side visible from inside the trunk. Seems like I've seen photos of inside being body color? Which is correct?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
Mine are red on exterior and black on the side visible from inside the trunk. Seems like I've seen photos of inside being body color? Which is correct?
Typically black. The trunk was painted at Ford .The taillight covers were added at AO Smith. Consider the logistics of matching individual colored panels with cars on the line over black for all.Black was easier.Plus they were covered with the cardboard panels anyway.Most likely a PO painted the trunk without removing the panels.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

proford1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
Makes sense.