News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

heater hose

Started by hurlbird, June 10, 2020, 06:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

im trying to determine what was correct in 68 I have a April car. the hoses in my car appear original the core was bypassed and the two cut then connected. One is red and the other black. they also have horizontal line patterns in them. Ive reed elsewhere about many different types but I don't see anything that suggests the factory correct hoses. Any ideas?

Special Ed

Assembly line heater hoses were factory precut depending on engine size and a/c options. Different vendors and plants and years. red yellow and white striped with and without ribs and some with ford eng. # and the length stamped on them.

Coralsnake

The vast majority of 68s used a red striped hose. Unlike the current reproductions, most was undated.

Shelby_r_b

I recently found that you can get the red stripped hoses with or without date codes through various vendors.  I believe Marti makes all of them.
Nothing beats a classic!

hurlbird

thanks so what I have sounds to be after market. Ill see what Marti has. -John

TLea

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on June 10, 2020, 08:57:20 AM
I recently found that you can get the red stripped hoses with or without date codes through various vendors.  I believe Marti makes all of them.
That is correct

gt350shelb

might want to check a west marine  if you have one local
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .