News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Front bumper corner bracket finish

Started by jswoody, May 20, 2020, 09:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I have searched with no luck the finish of ihefront bumper corner brackets.  Just wondering if these were finished in semigloss black or left raw metal?  Any help is appreciated.

JD

out at the side ends of the bumper to the fender?  Semi-gloss black, also I think there is a pad to buffer between the bracket and the painted fender, Osbourne book should show.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on May 20, 2020, 09:51:36 AM
out at the side ends of the bumper to the fender?  Semi-gloss black, also I think there is a pad to buffer between the bracket and the painted fender, Osbourne book should show.
JD thinks right . Special clip used that has rubber pad built in so metall doesnt contact the paint. NPD sells the amk clip.AMK has a minimum order and NPD not so much.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

papa scoops

roddster

PS: the Shelby bracket is different from the Mustang bracket.

Bossbill

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2020, 10:32:41 AM
JD thinks right . Special clip used that has rubber pad built in so metall doesnt contact the paint. NPD sells the amk clip.AMK has a minimum order and NPD not so much.

Is there a pic of the built-in rubber pad? My original showed nothing to indicate a molded on piece and it's blasted and painted now. An older repop, which I have for reasons unknown, is also bare.
I thought it used the Mustang pad, so ... surprise!
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bossbill on May 22, 2020, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2020, 10:32:41 AM

Is there a pic of the built-in rubber pad? My original showed nothing to indicate a molded on piece and it's blasted and painted now. An older repop, which I have for reasons unknown, is also bare.
I thought it used the Mustang pad, so ... surprise!
It is the Mustang clip with rubber pad . It is used in the same area on the regular Mustang bumper end bracket like it is on the Shelby special end bracket.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jswoody

Thank you to all replies, great information and additional detail I needed.

Rbwiii

Bob Gaines

Bossbill

Ok, it's the J clip that has the rubber pad molded-in. For a minute I thought you meant the bracket.
And for 67 the bracket is P&O. I painted mine, so back to the media blast it goes.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Rbwiii

Quote from: Bossbill on May 27, 2020, 03:22:57 PM
Ok, it's the J clip that has the rubber pad molded-in. For a minute I thought you meant the bracket.
And for 67 the bracket is P&O. I painted mine, so back to the media blast it goes.

The J clip is P&O. The bracket itself  is painted black...