Author Topic: FOR SALE: Original First Printing 1966 GT350 Owners Manual  (Read 388 times)

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
Hey Guys,

Some of you might have seen a few weeks back that I posted a thread about some items which came out of Ray Wolff's estate. The below owners manuals are part of what came out of the estate as well. In short, Ray Wolff was the general manager at Carroll Shelby and Lew Spencer's Hi Performance Motors. As discussed elsewhere on the forum, HPM was the factory showroom of Shelby American and it was the dumping grounds for many of factory's most significant race cars, prototypes, and company pool cars in addition to also selling new Shelbys, Tigers, Cobras etc etc.

Ray's estate was full of cool stuff and one of the more amazing aspects of the find was that it included 18 original, first printing 1966 GT350 owners manuals. These were manuals which would have been stuck in the glovebox of 66s when they were sold by HPM and the manuals in the estate were likely what was left over when the dealership shuttered. The manuals do have some slight cover wear, as seen in the photos, but keep in mind that these spent their life in Southern California stacked with the other manuals...so they are all still VERY NICE compared to the condition original manuals are generally in.

As things pertain to the manuals themselves, Shelby American produced two printings of 66 owners manuals followed by a very late "service replacement" type manual as well. The first and second printings are what was most commonly supplied in the cars from the dealership. I have generally seen that at least (possibly slightly more than) the first half of production had the first printing owners manual. The remainder of the cars had a "2nd printing" owners manual. In total, it seems that far more 2nd printing manuals were made by the factory as the vast majority of manuals I see offered for sale are second printings. I probably only get 1 first printing in for ever 2-4 second printings that come through my hands. In total, I would say a first printing manual would be the expectation in any car from serial #001-1200 or thereabouts.

I have 3 of these first printing manuals remaining. The other 15 sold fairly quickly to guys who have bought early 66s from me, my private literature client list, and the carryover group. While they dont "sound" rare because I am telling you I had 18 to start...I can assure you that once these last three are gone, it'll be a long time before I have another offered for sale.  In general, I might get 1 per year if I am lucky. If you have a carryover car in need of a manual or really any first half of production car...this is the manual for you!

Ill be replying to this thread with front and back pictures of each manual and will delete them from the thread as they sell. Please reply to "vestes85" at gmail . com with interest in any of the manuals!

Price: $950 each, includes priority mail shipping anywhere in the US. International Shipping is an extra charge (I've sold these for 1200 when I have had them in the past but looking to sell these quickly)

Kind regards,
Vern

PS- I also have a second printing manual listed at the below link on my site in case anyone with a later production car wants one for their car. I only have one of these
http://www.vernonestesclassics.com/memorabiliaandparts/fordperformancebook-9r796-3lab7-yar6d-tprsc
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:55:55 PM by Vernon Estes »
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
Re: FOR SALE: Original First Printing 1966 GT350 Owners Manual
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »
Manual #1

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 02:46:40 PM »

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 01:23:28 PM »
BUMP!