News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

BJ BK new carbs

Started by Kirk, May 23, 2020, 09:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

anyone tried the new replacement carbs?
any problems?  if so any fixes?
Kirk

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kirk on May 23, 2020, 09:33:22 AM
anyone tried the new replacement carbs?
any problems?  if so any fixes?
Kirk
They work. There are many details about the apearance that looks different compared to the originals. To the casual observer or someone who is not familar with the details of the originals they look fine.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Tor on May 23, 2020, 02:21:47 PM
Hello
Take a look on this: http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=7534.0

Tor
Great explanation on Drews part. That is why I said they would work (which they will technically) and didn't elaborate. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chad

I have a pair of repos for sale. I am taking them off a running car. Make me an offer.
Chad

Kirk

have a set and they are not running like the old BJ BK carbs with worn shafts where so not interested in another set but thanks
Thanks for the info on the new carbs think I have found problem
KIRK

The Going Thing

Those were my reproductions Drew had in that segment before I found an original set and had them restored. In all honesty the reproductions Drew set up are more responsive than the OE BJ-BKs. They are also 550 CFM.

TA Coupe

Here's a great article about a 2x4 setup on a big block where the 465's really worked good.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Drew Pojedinec

Having now went through many sets of reproductions, the calibrations change slightly over time.
Some have emulsion tubes, some do not.

For the price and work required to go through them, I would consider a set of List 1849 or 2652-1's and use those as they are the same size, far cheaper and look more appropriate.