News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

If you drove your Shelby this week post a picture!

Started by The Going Thing, May 23, 2020, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Quote from: eric lipper on May 24, 2020, 05:51:18 PM
2714 and 889 made some laps around the neighborhood earlier today and I am getting the King Cobra out in a bit

WOW, you have some beautiful RED cars!!! Love your 67! I would love a 67 in red or white! I was looking for a red FGT and came upon mine which was a total different color then I thought I would ever get and I am very happy with it also! I have a 67 Moss green which I am not crazy in love with, but beggars cannot be choosers! I wanted either White or Red or dark Blue in the 67...

Beautiful!!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

mikeh

Only 40% chance of rain. But it found me of course lol

The Going Thing

I won't drive my car in rain. I was caught in a few sprinkles once which necessitates putting the car up on jack stands and doing a complete wipe down and detail underneath.  It's a pain in the posterior.

67 GT350

I know the feeling, getting wet under is not cool, I do try to keep it as dry as possible, but I dont worry about it anymore, as i have no interest in car shows, thus I just try to stay dry. Sometime I wonder why I just did not do a nice job under and leave it at that, my first Shelby got a light undercoating and that was it. I would get in the car and go 700 miles, now I will not get 70 miles on it.
RARE  Signature Delete

oldcanuck

Your tire pressure is a little low on the left rear.....
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

The Going Thing

Did you bring your Mequiars detailer and a microfiber towel to remove the black evidence from the lower quarter panels?  ;D

The Going Thing

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 25, 2020, 04:47:41 PM
I know the feeling, getting wet under is not cool, I do try to keep it as dry as possible, but I dont worry about it anymore, as i have no interest in car shows, thus I just try to stay dry. Sometime I wonder why I just did not do a nice job under and leave it at that, my first Shelby got a light undercoating and that was it. I would get in the car and go 700 miles, now I will not get 70 miles on it.

I spent six months on my back sanding the floors, prepping them and spraying them with  DP74.  I originally had leaned toward Concours and changed my mind even though most of it is done in that manner. I am trying to keep it looking new and pick up a few more trophies while everything still looks new and fresh.  The only chrome underneath is the period traction masters. I had the bars plated, as noted in the picture. I did remove the 1" blocks from the rear of the car a couple months back  with the tire change. ( 255-40-17 to 255-45-17) which are about 1" taller.
However, I think I will re-install a set of 1/2" blocks so the rear quarter opening sets just over the edge of the rear tire.

rbarkley

Took the wife out on Friday.  Of course, she wanted to drive ...
Took my daughter out on Saturday and she wanted to drive.
My brother-in-law on Sunday.  I drove!   LoL!

No wiper blades or window trim installed, but it is running great!

Ron

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: rbarkley on May 25, 2020, 08:29:07 PM
Took the wife out on Friday.  Of course, she wanted to drive ...
Took my daughter out on Saturday and she wanted to drive.
My brother-in-law on Sunday.  I drove!   LoL!

No wiper blades or window trim installed, but it is running great!

Ron

Nice! It's fantastic thanks have the family involved... at least the immediate family 😉.
Nothing beats a classic!

The Going Thing

I wouldn't have let my ex spousal unit drive my car if I had to go to the hospital!  Glutton for punishment!  :o

CSX4781

I didn't have my Shelby out this past weekend, but I took a ride with Earl Morris in SFM6S2301 from Richmond up to Broadway VA via Rt 33. Nice drive over the Blue Ridge mountains into the Shenandoah Valley , a little damp (not the first time that car has been wet, won't be the last time...). See the below link to my photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m4As7YooqF2B7qkc9

Dave

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: CSX4781 on May 28, 2020, 02:36:51 AM
I didn't have my Shelby out this past weekend, but I took a ride with Earl Morris in SFM6S2301 from Richmond up to Broadway VA via Rt 33. Nice drive over the Blue Ridge mountains into the Shenandoah Valley , a little damp (not the first time that car has been wet, won't be the last time...). See the below link to my photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m4As7YooqF2B7qkc9

Dave

Nice pictures, Dave. And, I recognize two of your stops. Great people!
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

Always, today and tomorrow...meant to be driven
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Rickmustang

A few miles from my house is a one lane bridge over a scenic river, about 30 miles from Austin.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT