News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Always enjoy looking at this photo

Started by 69mach351w, May 24, 2020, 02:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

When I go to my local Ford dealership for the servicing on our '16 GT, it never gets old looking at this wall hanging photo at the quick lube lobby.

So suspended in Time👍🏻

roddster

Left: Thomas Edison, Right: Henry Ford

rhjanes

Quote from: roddster on May 26, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
Harvey Firestone was often around.  The three of them took "camping" trips together.  Which included big tents, Victrola's, cooks.....
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

69mach351w

Yea, so cool knowing what we know today all these guys done 👍🏻👍🏻

Quote from: rhjanes on May 26, 2020, 10:01:33 AM
Harvey Firestone was often around.  The three of them took "camping" trips together.  Which included big tents, Victrola's, cooks.....

Their idea of camping was calling for room service twice.

8)

BGlover67

Quote from: 2112 on May 26, 2020, 10:23:26 AM

8)

Even though Ford was insanely rich, I remember reading that they did enjoy "roughing it', and took long road trips in Model T's.  Remember Ford and the bunch grew up in times before electricity and running water in every house, so it probably reminded them of the 'good 'ol days'..

A Youtube video on their excursions:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qXzrwNoTo&feature=emb_logo
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bill Collins

I can offer an interesting anecdote regarding Edison's posture in this photo. You will notice that he is leaning in rather closely to Ford.

Some years ago, I had the privilege of meeting Bill Ford, Jr in his office atop the Dearborn "Glass House". For the uninformed, he is the Executive Chairman of the Ford Motor Company.

He provided a tour of his office, in which there are displayed various photos of Ford family members. One depicted his great grandfather, Henry Ford I and Thomas Edison together. Mr. Ford called our attention to the fact that, as in the photo posted here, Edison was leaning in close to HF I. He explained that Edison was terribly hard of hearing, but his vanity would not allow him to use any sort of amplification device. So he usually had to be quite close to hear conversation, and even then HF I often had to almost shout to make himself heard.

Bill Ford observed that Edison is often in this posture in photos of himself with various of his associates, as can be seen here.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

69mach351w

Quote from: BGlover67 on May 26, 2020, 11:16:59 AM
Quote from: 2112 on May 26, 2020, 10:23:26 AM

8)

Even though Ford was insanely rich, I remember reading that they did enjoy "roughing it', and took long road trips in Model T's.  Remember Ford and the bunch grew up in times before electricity and running water in every house, so it probably reminded them of the 'good 'ol days'..

A Youtube video on their excursions:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qXzrwNoTo&feature=emb_logo
That was a cool video :D

Thanks for sharing Brian 8)

BTW, was that HF climbing the tree :o