News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Real Period NOS carb?

Started by The Going Thing, May 26, 2020, 03:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

That has to be insanely rare today.

The Going Thing

If if it is an NOS carb it would still require a full rebuild.  You could buy a period correct unit from Drew for probably just over a third the asking ready to go.
4K is ridiculous money.

Quote from: The Going Thing on May 26, 2020, 10:30:25 AM
If if it is an NOS carb it would still require a full rebuild.  You could buy a period correct unit from Drew for probably just over a third the asking ready to go.
4K is ridiculous money.

For some, NOS is the only thing that will do.

Bet someone will pay it........

The Going Thing

There are plenty of people with more money than common sense. It won't be NOS if they are going to use it. No carb sits more than a few years before the gaskets are dried out which necessitates a complete overhaul.

CharlesTurner

A lot of details on the carb that are missed by some of the rebuilders...
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

6s1640

Quote from: CharlesTurner on May 26, 2020, 12:09:11 PM

The carb has a "S" stamping under the "3259" stamping.  I have not seen before.  Does anyone know what the "S" means.  Maybe Service part?

Also, can some post an image of the carb?  I am not able to do from my work computer.

Thanks

Cory

Bob Gaines

Quote from: The Going Thing on May 26, 2020, 10:40:45 AM
There are plenty of people with more money than common sense. It won't be NOS if they are going to use it. No carb sits more than a few years before the gaskets are dried out which necessitates a complete overhaul.
Dried out gaskets that need to be replaced are more of a problem for a carb that has been run on a engine allowing the gaskets to be gas soaked IMO. I do not think that is a problem for a NOS carb sitting on a a shelf. The gaskets will no more degrade then ones sitting in a rebuild kit box sitting on a shelf waiting to be used.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kingchief

Here is the picture Cory.

Steve
SFM 6S406

s2ms

If date is important isn't this one too late for 67 GT350 production?
Dave - 6S1757

acman63

Quote from: 6s1640 on May 26, 2020, 12:25:04 PM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on May 26, 2020, 12:09:11 PM

The carb has a "S" stamping under the "3259" stamping.  I have not seen before.  Does anyone know what the "S" means.  Maybe Service part?

Also, can some post an image of the carb?  I am not able to do from my work computer.

Thanks

I though it was a dollar sign   -  4K ?

Cory
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member