News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Question regarding 67 GT 500 - 31 Spline or 28 Spline

Started by rbarkley, March 09, 2018, 03:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarkley

Greetings All,

I am sure that this has been discussed numerous time before, but what was the standard axle in a 67 GT 500 Auto?  I have a 31 spline in my Jan built GT 500 with auto trans.

I just added a Yukon posi, so looking forward to having it all back together for a test drive!

Thanks

Ron

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

DGSOH

Are the housings identical regardless of spline count?

Thanks -

DGSOH

shelbydoug

Quote from: DGSOH on March 10, 2018, 05:05:53 AM

Thanks -

DGSOH

Yes but there is a '67 banjo.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Thanks -

DGSOH
Yes ,but there is a early and later housing (big surprise in 67 ::) ) . The early style has the fill plug in the back side of the center in the housing and that changed sometime approximate May of 67 to no plug in rear end housing . The fill plug was now in the center section (that started before the plug disappeared in the rear end housing).
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 10, 2018, 10:48:55 PM

Thanks -

DGSOH
Yes ,but there is a early and later housing (big surprise in 67 ::) ) . The early style has the fill plug in the back side of the center in the housing and that changed sometime approximate May of 67 to no plug in rear end housing . The fill plug was now in the center section (that started before the plug disappeared in the rear end housing).

My car, 3074, which has a June build date HAS the plug. Your witch doctor has not made any progress with me being a contrary lately Bob. You need to have him do another round with me? Two steps forward, one step back.

My 68 housing has no fill plug. That's a February 68 build date. That's a contrary car too. I've had one "68 Concourse Judge" tell me it's not a real Shelby too.

Obviously I'm the problem here.  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 11, 2018, 07:58:06 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 10, 2018, 10:48:55 PM

Thanks -

DGSOH

My car, 3074, which has a June build date HAS the plug. Your witch doctor has not made any progress with me being a contrary lately Bob. You need to have him do another round with me? Two steps forward, one step back.

My 68 housing has no fill plug. That's a February 68 build date. That's a contrary car too. I've had one "68 Concourse Judge" tell me it's not a real Shelby too.

Obviously I'm the problem here.  ;D
I was ready for the ambush that questions like that bring.  Not everytime but this time. You overlooked the words  "sometime approximate" . That gives the wiggle room needed to cover the anomalies in this case . ;) I wouldn't have written it that way if I didn't expect a few.  8)

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!