News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Pushrods for FE 428

Started by texas swede, November 08, 2023, 12:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

Thanks, I will tell Roland.
Texas Swede

Peter L.

I agree with pbf777.  I went with the 'Trend' pushrods. Very good product.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

texas swede

Hi Royce,
Thanks for your warning about the intake gaskets. I told Roland and he asked if you can recommend a better type.
Thanks,
Texas Swede

Bill Collins

Quote from: Royce Peterson on November 13, 2023, 07:47:07 PM
The gaskets that come with the Edelbrock heads are Fel - Pro made and equivalent to the Print - O - Leak. They are most unsatisfactory.

+1 - I had to have a 427 rebuilt some years back after it filled up with coolant from a failed intake gasket. As I recall, the rebuilder used an improved version with a metal perimeter around the water passage but I don't recall who produced it.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

texas swede

Hi guys and thank you for your help as regards the pushrods for Roland's FE428.
I ordered them from Tony at Smith Brothers, and they arrived today. About a week total turnaround time.
Tony was a great guy to deal with and I can really recommend them if you need any pushrods including custom made as
these were.
Texas Swede

FL SAAC

Quote from: texas swede on December 04, 2023, 06:54:24 PM
Hi guys and thank you for your help as regards the pushrods for Roland's FE428.
I ordered them from Tony at Smith Brothers, and they arrived today. About a week total turnaround time.
Tony was a great guy to deal with and I can really recommend them if you need any pushrods including custom made as
these were.
Texas Swede

So its Smith Brothers for the win !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

texas swede

Yes, they were the winners. I tried to get in contact with the others without success.
Texas Swede