News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5S047 nice Pictures on russo and steele website

Started by chris NOS, May 28, 2020, 11:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRGT350

is the drivers side fender a '66?

Also - coil mounting location - Is that correct?

beautiful looking car though..

Dave

camp upshur

Hmm,  the 'this one is rare' game.
Aren't the front mounted battery 1965 GT-350s factually the 'rare' ones?
Just going off of the production numbers....silly me!

GT350Lad

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on May 28, 2020, 01:11:57 PM
Side note:  this same Shelby was for sale at Russo and Steele in Monterey last year, and I believe it showed as "sold" at the time.  However, the listing under "Results" no longer comes up, but the catalog still shows the listing.  Attached is a picture from the catalog with an estimate of $375K to $425K.

One more note - the 65 Shelby Registry has a "check mark" for this car in the front section; which leads me to believe anyone considering the car should call Howard Pardee (the 65 SAAC Registrar) for more information.

Agree, a check mark prompts a call to Howard pretty quickly
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

TJinSA

BUT THEY SAID "COSMETIC" restoration... it just has to look pretty!  ::) :'(
Tom Kubler
6S296

CharlesTurner

Quote from: camp upshur on May 28, 2020, 09:23:51 PM

Hmm,  the 'this one is rare' game.
Aren't the front mounted battery 1965 GT-350s factually the 'rare' ones?
Just going off of the production numbers....silly me!

The switch-over to front mount battery was in the late 200's, early 300's, so split about in half of production one way or the other.  No matter the numbers, trunk mount is the original design and more desirable.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

camp upshur

Trying to keep it factual here.
Opinion, over documentation and scholarship, has really hurt the 65 community over the years.
Switchover was at 340. 562 were produced.

When people start talking rare or desirable, run for the hills!

chris NOS

Quote from: camp upshur on May 29, 2020, 01:53:45 AM

Trying to keep it factual here.
Opinion, over documentation and scholarship, has really hurt the 65 community over the years.
Switchover was at 340. 562 were produced.

When people start talking rare or desirable, run for the hills!
`

Funny ! never think about it ! that makes true the adage , rare doesen't mean desirable all the time :) (i check in the registry , and begining of reporting of  Front battery is 328 ).

gt350hr

If a Venice car is such a stigma , "someone" should have done a more respectful restoration.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SBCARGUY

I believe it was "restored" by Drew Alcazar... 8)

gt350hr

So paint buffed , chrome and aluminum polished , tires sprayed. "Comprehensive"? Maybe that is why he went into the auction business.

Bob Gaines

Back in the day when Drew had his Concours Restoration business he admittedly pandered to the auction crowd with the way he restored cars. He knew better but gave them what they wanted. The record prices some of his sold at auction restorations brought gave him a lot of recognition. Back then car buyers were very influenced with polished ,shiny ,minus any factory percieved sloppy work that today is looked at as historical accuracy. The buyers were typically less informed then on factory build techniques compared to today. Given those shiny influenced buyers and sellers were a large percentage of his clients it seemed only natural that he gravitated to the auction scene that they were active in.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

Can anyone share what the "check mark" means?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

KR500

Quote from: Greg on May 29, 2020, 01:55:47 PM
Can anyone share what the "check mark" means?
" A check mark is used to identify cars which for one reason or another, have caused the Registrar to have questions about some or all of the information he was provided." "Check mark= Some questions remain regarding this cars history, authenticity or chain of ownership; additional information is being sought."
Two entries from the 2020 Coil Spring Cobra Registry.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

gt350hr

One period magazine article on the red '66 GT350 convertible he restored showed red paint in the tread grooves of the front tire ( pass side). Beautiful paint and body work though. That was in the day when many thought the under side should be black. Man we've come a long way.

Darrpo

I bought 047 from Larry Parker in Orlando on 8-9-1982. He purchased it from the orginal owner Robert Mungall. On 10-1982 I sold it to Wayne Conover. Car was rusty in the rear quarters, door jams, side vents. Had its orginal trans with a hurst shifter and a red right front fender. Orginal motor had been blown up and was missing. It was also missing the steering wheel and insturment panel. The orginal hood was with vehicle. I have never been contacted about this vehicle and I do have several photos.