Author Topic: 5S047 nice Pictures on russo and steele website  (Read 7005 times)

Darrpo

• View Profile
Re: 5S047 nice Pictures on russo and steele website
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »
I just found my copy of title from Larry Parker showing he bought it 07/18-1977. The car was in his wife's name Mary Ann Praker

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »
I bought 047 from Larry Parker in Orlando on 8-9-1982. He purchased it from the orginal owner Robert Mungall. On 10-1982 I sold it to Wayne Conover. Car was rusty in the rear quarters, door jams, side vents. Had its orginal trans with a hurst shifter and a red right front fender. Orginal motor had been blown up and was missing. It was also missing the steering wheel and insturment panel. The orginal hood was with vehicle. I have never been contacted about this vehicle and I do have several photos.

Hi , maybe this picture is one of yours ? it suppose to be 047 ? i can't remember where i found it on internet ..

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »
No one can hide the "truth" from SAAC  8)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 07:16:54 PM »
I bought 047 from Larry Parker in Orlando on 8-9-1982. He purchased it from the orginal owner Robert Mungall. On 10-1982 I sold it to Wayne Conover. Car was rusty in the rear quarters, door jams, side vents. Had its orginal trans with a hurst shifter and a red right front fender. Orginal motor had been blown up and was missing. It was also missing the steering wheel and insturment panel. The orginal hood was with vehicle. I have never been contacted about this vehicle and I do have several photos.

Hi , maybe this picture is one of yours ? it suppose to be 047 ? i can't remember where i found it on internet ..

A few photos I have in my files.  I found them on Facebook a while ago.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 07:32:15 PM »
I just found my copy of title from Larry Parker showing he bought it 07/18-1977. The car was in his wife's name Mary Ann Praker

I knew a Larry Parker from Orlando (kinda a big guy, caucasian, black somewhat long hair, often some time between shaves, and generally wearing a baseball cap & dark blue uniforms for whom he worked, maybe the same guy?) during or just post these dates, was a good customer here for many years; I think I remember him mentioning he had sold a Shelby project he felt he would never finish, which supplied him with some of the funds he then dropped in our shop for some of his other projects back then (maaaybe a Fairlane w/ 427?).       :-\

Scott.

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »
we can see the washers welded on the export brace on those pictures .

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
No one can hide the "truth" from SAAC  8)

+1
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 11:20:33 PM »
we can see the washers welded on the export brace on those pictures .

Are you referring to the front shock tower mounts rather than the export brace?

Third picture from top in Reply #33
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2020, 06:58:45 AM »
yes , sorry,my mistake ! no point then !

Darrpo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2020, 07:01:47 AM »
Yes they were my pictures that my son posted a few years back. Larry Parker was the driver/ mech for Dale Nichols(owner of gt40 XGT-3,427 cobra,289 cobra plus many more ford race cars). I worked for State Farm insurance for many years. He also drove in the 12 hrs at Datona in a Viper. He was a very nice guy an attended many SAAC convention with the GT 40.  I think his son still has a 68 Shelby.

Darrpo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2020, 07:03:40 AM »
I ment to say Larry worked for State Farm