News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Boss 429 on BaT

Started by Bobby Crumpley, May 29, 2020, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurt B9 motor, Cancer. Previous wrecks.

High Bidder dodged a bullet.

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Greg on June 04, 2020, 06:15:51 PM
Car bid to $150K but didn't meet the reserve.  I personally think that was all the money but obviously the seller didn't.
Based on the exchange rate today it was bid to $206,460.00 in Canadian funds.... and that wan't enough to get this car sold?!!

Oh yeah, weed is legal and rampant in BC.  That would explain why this car didn't sell.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Greg

The motor had to be hurt for the seller to never try to start it.  I'm not well versed in B9's but have been told there are few people that know how to restore them properly which equates to $$$$.   I also don't think it was an original paint car so really nothing would stop you from restoring it.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

pbf777

Quote from: Greg on June 05, 2020, 07:21:08 AM
The motor had to be hurt for the seller to never try to start it.  I'm not well versed in B9's but have been told there are few people that know how to restore them properly which equates to $$$$. 

I would probably suspect the current owner was aware of an issue with the engine, probably when he purchased it, otherwise it would have seemed foolish not to at least have the car in a state to at least be able to state that it runs, even if poorly as otherwise the negative impression is left to the imagination, usually resulting in a hit in the selling value or biding (although it didn't seem to hurt the bidding here). 

As I have stated previously, in the '70's BOSS 429's were readily had relatively inexpensively but with damaged or no engines.  Wish I had known then, what I know now!          ::)

And speaking of knowing, we are very familiar with these engines (along with others) and their not that intimidating, but I suppose I have witnessed some pretty dumb efforts by others on what seemed common knowledge (my personal favorite is when the chevy guys are building a Ford and try to put the thrust main on the number five saddle and can't figure out why the crank won't turn!).           :o

And, don't get me started on who in a proper restoration costs' reaps the greatest profits, it sure ain't the engine guys ; and yet, isn't that what a BOSS 429 is all about?           ???

Scott.

69mach351w

Quote from: pbf777 on June 05, 2020, 01:18:51 PM
Quote from: Greg on June 05, 2020, 07:21:08 AM
The motor had to be hurt for the seller to never try to start it.  I'm not well versed in B9's but have been told there are few people that know how to restore them properly which equates to $$$$. 

I would probably suspect the current owner was aware of an issue with the engine, probably when he purchased it, otherwise it would have seemed foolish not to at least have the car in a state to at least be able to state that it runs, even if poorly as otherwise the negative impression is left to the imagination, usually resulting in a hit in the selling value or biding (although it didn't seem to hurt the bidding here). 

As I have stated previously, in the '70's BOSS 429's were readily had relatively inexpensively but with damaged or no engines. Wish I had known then, what I know now!          ::)

And speaking of knowing, we are very familiar with these engines (along with others) and their not that intimidating, but I suppose I have witnessed some pretty dumb efforts by others on what seemed common knowledge (my personal favorite is when the chevy guys are building a Ford and try to put the thrust main on the number five saddle and can't figure out why the crank won't turn!).           :o

And, don't get me started on who in a proper restoration costs' reaps the greatest profits, it sure ain't the engine guys ; and yet, isn't that what a BOSS 429 is all about?           ???

Scott.
?? Say that again!!

mikeh

Quote from: Greg on May 29, 2020, 04:58:53 PM
You CA boys are spoiled, LOL... That is definitely not a rust bucket, but it does have a bad paint job.
I was thinking same thing!! Lol