News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

C6 kick down cable return spring bracket?

Started by jswoody, May 30, 2020, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I am searching for a clip or bracket for the C6 automatic transmission.  I have found a bracket which was used for the C4, however am not sure this is correct for a C6.  I have also seen a clip used, but am interested in what is the proper return spring attachment.  Any help is appreciated. 

jswoody

The 1967 Mustang manual shows the spring clip part number as 7C176, however I am unable to find one new or used anywhere.  Would anyone have any recommendations?  I have contacted several salvage yards as well without success. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jswoody on May 30, 2020, 01:30:27 PM
I am searching for a clip or bracket for the C6 automatic transmission.  I have found a bracket which was used for the C4, however am not sure this is correct for a C6.  I have also seen a clip used, but am interested in what is the proper return spring attachment.  Any help is appreciated.
If you can not find one you may have to go to plan B and try to make one using a similar enough looking clip to  modify.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby