Author Topic: 1965 mustang gt350 Go Kart  (Read 2596 times)

V8Dave

• View Profile
1965 mustang gt350 Go Kart
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »
Hello Everyone. I am looking for some help or information if possible. I remember many years ago now maybe 2006 at the fall Carlisle car show I was walking around the car corral area and remember seeing a gentlemen driving a miniature gt350 go kart. I remember stopping the fellow and asking him if I could take a quick photo as I thought the go kart was cool. I have been trying to do some research recently and just wondered if anyone may know where I could purchase one of these go karts bodies for myself or if anyone on the forum has any information about them or maybe even has one themselves. I remember the one I saw years ago was white with blue stripes and was a good replica of a 1965 gt350. If anyone has any information please if you could post or pm as I would like to build one for my Nephew who is a mustang fan.
Thanks for any help given.
Have a nice day.
Dave.

V8Dave

• View Profile
Re: 1965 mustang gt350 Go Kart
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
Here is a second photo of what I remember seeing. I believe the photo of the two go karts was more similar to what I saw at Carlisle as those where the same wheels on the go kart I saw.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:53:47 PM by V8Dave »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 05:48:08 PM »
I recall a photo of Gary Patterson of Shelby American (Las Vegas) driving one at an event a number of years ago.  You could try contact him and see if he knows.   8)

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 10:36:28 AM »
I think that was up on the old forum ? with some info on who made it, i'll see if I can find it in my files. Here's a photo I have, is

this the same thing ?

Mike

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:59:20 PM »
Hello Mike
Thanks for the reply. Yes thats pretty much the same thing. The one i saw was the same as in photos i posted same wheels same paint job where as the one in your photo the front valance is silver however yeah it looks to be the same go-kart body just painted different and different style wheels. I would love to purchase a body from who ever makes them or whoever has one for sale spare so i could build one for my nephew.
Thanks for any information and leads you can give me, its much appreciated.
Thanks Don Johnston for your information also.
All the best
Dave

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 07:09:38 AM »
I'm curious how much interest there are in these. I could build a mold to make them.

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 08:05:23 PM »
I am hoping mike maybe able to find some information for me as i would be interested in a body, naturally i would build my own chassis and engine to suit.
I will wait and see what information mike comes up with  :D

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 11:03:13 AM »
V8Dave, this is what I had on the old forum about the Mustang go-kart body, it's from 2013 on the Vintage Mustangs Forum. There

are some links there, not sure if they are still good ? If you google around there are people who make assorted go-kart bodies,

they are probably out there. I saw a post somewhere from a show in 2009 one of those Shelby Mustang go-karts was for sale at a

show for $1,800. It's a pretty cool piece ! Good luck in your search, keep us informed if you have any luck.

Mike

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/1965-fastback-shelby-gt-350-go-kart-from-the-90s.656717/