Author Topic: 1967 Shelby shoulder harness mounting bolt.  (Read 1711 times)

V8Dave

• View Profile
1967 Shelby shoulder harness mounting bolt.
« on: May 30, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
Hello everyone. I am mounting the shoulder harness's back in a 67 Shelby. The question I have is do they use the same style seat belt bolt, as the lap belts that anchor on the floor pan to mount the retractors to the roll bar(gold cadmium hexagon head style). I have the Branda 67 Shelby assembly manual but its hard to tell. If any one can post a picture or help with information would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Have a nice day
Dave

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Shelby shoulder harness mounting bolt.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »
Hello everyone. I am mounting the shoulder harness's back in a 67 Shelby. The question I have is do they use the same style seat belt bolt, as the lap belts that anchor on the floor pan to mount the retractors to the roll bar(gold cadmium hexagon head style). I have the Branda 67 Shelby assembly manual but its hard to tell. If any one can post a picture or help with information would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Have a nice day
Dave
Not gold cadmium. It is gold zinc(zinc dichromate). Two different looks. Different bolt head compared to seat belt bolt and not the same length. It is typically a short gold hex head .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:22:29 PM »
The mounting bolt used for the ‘67 harness retractor is gold zinc dichromate (gold color) like Bob mentioned and is 5/8”x1-1/8” fine thread.  The more common originals have a “c” on the head.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:25:49 PM by George Schalk »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 07:48:24 PM »
The mounting bolt used for the ‘67 harness retractor is gold zinc dichromate (gold color) like Bob mentioned and is 5/8”x1-1/8” fine thread.  The more common originals have a “c” on the head.
+1. That's the one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rbwiii

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 08:06:53 PM »
I would agree with the OP the the seatbelt bolt finish is Gold Cadium, not zinc di-chromate gold. Cadium gold is a softer/Duller finish than a shinney finish that zinc di-chromate finish represents. Typical of 67/68.... IMHO...

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 09:59:36 PM »
I would agree with the OP the the seatbelt bolt finish is Gold Cadium, not zinc di-chromate gold. Cadium gold is a softer/Duller finish than a shinney finish that zinc di-chromate finish represents. Typical of 67/68.... IMHO...
I am 100% certain the bolts are zinc dichromate and not cadmium.  The bolts that secure the Belts to the floor are a Gold cadmium type finish.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 11:45:02 PM »
Not cad but zinc dichromate on the shoulder harness bolt.

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 07:27:34 AM »
Hello Everyone.
Thanks Mr Gaines, George Schalk and Rbwiii for all the information and photos. I have located the bolts. When i removed the shoulder harness's for some reason i didnt keep them with the harness and put them in a seperate zip lock type bag and didnt label them :-\ .I guess thats what confussed me and then made me think they maybe the same as the lap belt bolts. Thanks again for the help and photos.
All the best
Dave