News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 GT350 Master Cylinder

Started by mygt350, May 30, 2020, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

Thanks Jeff
Guess I assumed the internal brass insert with small hole was a sort of metering device.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Hi Martin,
The Master Brake Cylinder that was on my car #275 when I bought it in Feb. 1988 is dated 113 and it had the brass adapters.
In 1991 when I lived in Evergreen, CO. I found two NOS at a Ford place in Denver. $90 each and stupid enough I only bought
one of them. Part number was for Thunderbird (S) and it has the adapters. It's on the car now and is dated 158.
Part number on both is 2225032.
Texas Swede

texas swede

I checked Julian Calendar on line and 113 as on my MC on #275 means April 23 which fits my car as it was produced at San Jose in the beginning of May 1965. The 342 on your car Martin means December.
Texas Swede

mygt350

Not withstanding the date code being Dec 65, appears the inner brass component could be replaced along with correct brass adapters would make it identical to an early 65 unit?
Assume without the adapters, the hard lines with flair on end would mate to the internal brass fitting?
Seems difference between 65 and early 66 is the presence of the adapter.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mygt350 on June 01, 2020, 05:27:32 PM
Not withstanding the date code being Dec 65, appears the inner brass component could be replaced along with correct brass adapters would make it identical to an early 65 unit?
Assume without the adapters, the hard lines with flair on end would mate to the internal brass fitting?
Seems difference between 65 and early 66 is the presence of the adapter.
Early 66's also used adapter. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mygt350

Gonna have to take look at master cylinder that's on the car and try to see what date code it is. One of them is original to the car.