News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Message from computerworks

Started by Coralsnake, June 01, 2020, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

1. Do you want me to start censoring what people say in the Lounge?

2. Do you want me to abolish the Lounge and make the Forum purely clinical

...or if some Lounge posts offend you... why are you looking in the Lounge at all?

Seriously.....

I am only asking for moderate moderation of stupidity. I don't think it's asking too much for moderation and to keep the forum on course.

General disclaimer: First let me say I do not like what I am doing.  I have tried the "quiet way". I have tried rallying the troops. I have tried a strike. For this, I have been threatened and called various names which I shall not repeat. The forum moderator's hands-off policy towards keeping the forum on track and topic has left me with one choice. I have a lot of free time on my hands and will continue this until further notice. If you don't like the off-topic garbage that is being posted, please contact "computerworks" and tell him you came to read about vintage Shelbys and it's time for some moderation. 

Coralsnake

There is nothing personal. Its time to tell the clowns, the circus is over....and send them packing

Coralsnake

Well, we have established you can moderate if you want to. Now the question will become when is too much off topic appropriate?

computerworks

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 01, 2020, 02:51:10 PM
Well, we have established you can moderate if you want to. Now the question will become when is too much off topic appropriate?

As long as the talk in the Lounge is not political, hateful, overtly sexual or threatening harm/ad hominum attacks... it is just fine...

Greg

So let me get this straight, you hate "the clowns" as you put it but now you have become one of them.  Humm, you better ask yourself some serious questions. 

Why don't you do what 95% of rest of us do, ignore them and move on.  If you don't feed them they won't survive, but no, your answer is because YOU aren't happy, you will flood the site with trash and shut down the site for everyone else?  Man that is the definition of selfishness. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

Call it selfish Greg! It is condoned by the moderator so enjoy the show!

Thanks for your opinion, may I suggest "fighting negativity 2020"

shelbydoug

Quote from: Greg on June 01, 2020, 03:06:25 PM

So let me get this straight, you hate "the clowns" as you put it but now you have become one of them.  Humm, you better ask yourself some serious questions. 

Why don't you do what 95% of rest of us do, ignore them and move on.  If you don't feed them they won't survive, but no, your answer is because YOU aren't happy, you will flood the site with trash and shut down the site for everyone else?  Man that is the definition of selfishness.

Ah, someone else noticed this as well?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

A moderator, by design, must stay neutral at all times, agree with this or not, the bottom line to any moderator and his/her duties, on any forum boils down to the following:

Until someone breaks the rules and/or regulations, there is nothing to moderate.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

This deserves a plus one. Move along now...nothing to see here...

Thank you Mr Bill

Quote from: Bill on June 01, 2020, 06:14:38 PM
A moderator, by design, must stay neutral at all times, agree with this or not, the bottom line to any moderator and his/her duties, on any forum boils down to the following:

Until someone breaks the rules and/or regulations, there is nothing to moderate.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Chris Thauberger

Greg if you don't like it don't read it...move along

::)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Greg

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 01, 2020, 07:29:48 PM

Greg if you don't like it don't read it...move along

::)

Absolutely, as my respect for the persons is lost.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bill

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 01, 2020, 06:43:48 PM
Move along now...nothing to see here...

Instead of being the problem, why not  become part of a successful solution.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bill on June 01, 2020, 08:02:48 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 01, 2020, 06:43:48 PM
Move along now...nothing to see here...

Done, Bill

Instead of being the problem, why not  become part of a successful solution.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert