News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Shelby American Access Problem

Started by s2ms, June 01, 2020, 11:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Anyone else having problems accessing the 'The Shelby American' from the Members Only website? I can't access any of the issues starting 2016 and later, keep getting a "Unable to connect" error.  Earlier than 2016 is fine.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

computerworks

Do you get to the issue's covers or does that error occur when you select the issue from the menu?

(I just tested and they all work OK)

gjz30075

Dave, no problems here using Chrome and Window 7
Greg Z
6S2249

s2ms

Quote from: computerworks on June 01, 2020, 11:58:09 PM
Do you get to the issue's covers or does that error occur when you select the issue from the menu?

(I just tested and they all work OK)

I get the cover, the error occurs when I click on the cover image. Using Firefox, Win 10.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

computerworks

Quote from: s2ms on June 02, 2020, 03:37:13 PM
I get the cover, the error occurs when I click on the cover image. Using Firefox, Win 10.

Thanks,
Dave

Ill test with Firefox... can you test with Edge (big blue "E")

computerworks

Quote from: s2ms on June 01, 2020, 11:34:07 PM
  Earlier than 2016 is fine.

Thanks,
Dave

AhHa.. I just checked...earlier than 2016 is when I wrote the full HTML for the online magazines

in 2016 we started to use this dreadful "Flipbook" for online viewing
I bet with Firefox... it needs the latest version of Adobe Flash installed

If you lack that... try and install Adobe Flash and retest

s2ms

Thanks Ron!

I have the latest Flash version installed but I bet there's either a problem with that or it's Firefox config. I'll check into it and let you know what I find out. The SA does work fine on my Android.

Dave - 6S1757

s2ms

Ron,

Figured it out, was a problem with McAfee firewall blocking the SAAC.com IP address. Made some adjustments and all is good, now I have some catching up to do!

Thanks for the help,
Dave
Dave - 6S1757

computerworks

Quote from: s2ms on June 09, 2020, 11:21:04 PM
Ron,

Figured it out, was a problem with McAfee firewall blocking the SAAC.com IP address. Made some adjustments and all is good, now I have some catching up to do!

Thanks for the help,
Dave

Thanks for the feedback... good to know