News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tail Light Assembly Protective End Caps

Started by nightmist67, June 02, 2020, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

Is there a source for the protective end caps installed over the tail light assembly fasteners?  Could one of the readers please include image(s) of original example(s)?

JD

Are you referring to the  6 per side exposed studs - see attached?

If so, to my knowledge, these did not have a protective cap - although they should have and some owners, my self included, would find some rubber caps to cover them.  Shelby workers cut them off with bolt cutters and left some rather sharp ends that do damage hands and stuff.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

Quote from: nightmist67 on June 02, 2020, 10:50:10 AM
Is there a source for the protective end caps installed over the tail light assembly fasteners?  Could one of the readers please include image(s) of original example(s)?

Mustang thing - Not Shelby ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on June 02, 2020, 02:15:47 PM
Quote from: nightmist67 on June 02, 2020, 10:50:10 AM

Mustang thing - Not Shelby ;)
Just to clarify I believe Jeff is saying that there are Mustangs that used caps over exposed studs in the trunk to prevent damage to luggage etc.  Shelby American on the other hand did not do anything like that in the case being discussed. IF you are compelled to cover the Shelby studs go to the auto parts store and get some appropriate sized BLACK vacuum caps . Unless you do a lot of hauling of items in the trunk I wouldn't worry about covering them. But that is just me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby