News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Went to the pharmacy today.......

Started by gt350hr, June 02, 2020, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350hr

Needed some aspirin. Couldn't get any because people overcome with grief broke into the store  to get relief for all their personal grief and STOLE it. Then because of their unsatisfied GRIEF they BURNED the building down. Man those people show have allot of grief. Some of those who STOLE got even more grief when the poleice stopped them after an hour long high speed chase. So much grief they run to get back home to grieve. Now they have grief in jail. Might be sick now because of no social distancing being practiced during the looting at the Pharmacy. Oh the grief just keeps a pilin' up.
    "from the internet"
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

Just like the riots of 92 in L A. The looting and pillaging continues, for those that want free anything... By way of thuggery, stealing, looting, vandalizing, will meet an unfortunate situation as the business owners have set up shop in strategic positions to meet that challenge. Some ran in, fewer ran out. :o

mark p

the news radio here (Philly area) reported about some "looters" that broke into a gunshop... apparently the owner was sleeping on the premises due to a previous break-in attempt.  He watched them [on the security system feeds] cut the locks, etc to get into the store.
It did not end well for the looters.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

Has it seemed strange to you, as it has to me, that when you go into a Home Depot type store...and notice that all of the padlocks are locked up behind a padlocked cage? It's been that way out here in SoCal for many years.

I once asked a store clerk if he thought it ironic that they have to lock-up the locks from being stolen by people who want locks to lock-up their own stuff that might get stolen by other thieves.   He didn't get the irony, and just looked at me like I had three heads.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 02, 2020, 01:55:05 PM
Has it seemed strange to you, as it has to me, that when you go into a Home Depot type store...and notice that all of the padlocks are locked up behind a padlocked cage? It's been that way out here in SoCal for many years.

I once asked a store clerk if he thought it ironic that they have to lock-up the locks from being stolen by people who want locks to lock-up their own stuff that might get stolen by other thieves.   He didn't get the irony, and just looked at me like I had three heads.
Insightful and humorous observation. I am awfully tempted to buy a gun for added safety. Been looking at Walther pps m2 9mm. https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-pps-m2-black-9mm-3-2-2805961-wal2805961-gb.html

I think I am asking for trouble. Don't own any guns. Used to own pellet rifles in Canada but never a firearm.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: deathsled on June 02, 2020, 04:36:49 PM

Insightful and humorous observation. I am awfully tempted to buy a gun for added safety. Been looking at Walther pps m2 9mm. https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-pps-m2-black-9mm-3-2-2805961-wal2805961-gb.html

I think I am asking for trouble. Don't own any guns. Used to own pellet rifles in Canada but never a firearm.

If you choose to purchase count on spending some time at the range. 5000 to 10000 rounds at 50 feet and you should be proficient.  ;)

JMHO and experiance
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

I like that model also. Very reasonably priced.

The original designs didn't protect your thumb knuckle from the carriage. Unknowing users would shear the skin off of it first firing.

Just be aware of that. They have a following like Shelby's do and if you make friends at the range, one might offer you a try.

Considering the origin of the piece that's one heck of a design oversight?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

Richard,
I agree with Chris, and also recommend you first go to a range and get advice on (and try out) the rental guns they have. 

Many times, I've thought that I really wanted to buy a "fill in the blank"...but when I shot it, I either didn't like the fit to my hand, or I couldn't shoot it very accurately.  Glocks are that way for me. I prefer a heavier gun.

And yes:  Practice, practice, practice. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

We call those citizens " early Christmas gifts harvesters "

Quote from: gt350hr on June 02, 2020, 11:41:51 AM
Needed some aspirin. Couldn't get any because people overcome with grief broke into the store  to get relief for all their personal grief and STOLE it. Then because of their unsatisfied GRIEF they BURNED the building down. Man those people show have allot of grief. Some of those who STOLE got even more grief when the poleice stopped them after an hour long high speed chase. So much grief they run to get back home to grieve. Now they have grief in jail. Might be sick now because of no social distancing being practiced during the looting at the Pharmacy. Oh the grief just keeps a pilin' up.
    "from the internet"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

kjspeed

Since you opened this can of worms Richard, I'll give you my two cents worth. You first have to ask yourself the question - Why? Since I'll assume the answer is for personal protection, the next question to ask yourself - Am I prepared to use lethal force if necessary? If not, choose a non-lethal self defense option. If your answer is yes, then determine when and where you will arm yourself. Can you get a concealed weapons permit in your state? Or can you carry without a permit in your vehicle? Or will it be used exclusively at home? If you carry there are a ton of great carry handguns out there to choose from. If possible, go to a local range that lets you rent them or try them before you buy. Then, as Chris and others have said, practice with it. A lot.

If you just want home defense I would opt for a shotgun. Many makes and models will fit the bill. Do you have any Rural King stores near you? Ours has about the best prices of any gun stores around. RKGuns.com has that same gun for $299.97 with no transfer fee if you pick up at RK. Good luck!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

gt350hr

Well at least they get a photo to remind them of their time in GRIEF. It even has a number to IS them ;)
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 02, 2020, 05:04:04 PM
Richard,
I agree with Chris, and also recommend you first go to a range and get advice on (and try out) the rental guns they have. 

Many times, I've thought that I really wanted to buy a "fill in the blank"...but when I shot it, I either didn't like the fit to my hand, or I couldn't shoot it very accurately.  Glocks are that way for me. I prefer a heavier gun.

And yes:  Practice, practice, practice.

Yes, agree, go somewhere you can try out the different make/ models. I also prefer something heavier. Tried several before I finally purchased a Sig 226 stainless elite. At 42 oz it's heavier than most 9mm. In the end it's a personal choice and only you can decide what "feels" right. As mentioned a shotgun with #7 bird shot is an excellent choice for home.

69mach351w

380 Taurus TCP semi that I carry every single day!!  Carried in an inside clipped Graphite holster.

At home, Winchester "protector" 12 ga. synthetic loaded with buck shot. 

Also at home wife's S&W 380 semi 10 round clip.

Always keep loaded extra mag in pocket away from home and at home.

BTW, I and my wife do have a CCP and practice several times a month, a Gold member of the USCCA. and stay tuned in to their training videos constantly.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 02, 2020, 05:49:15 PM
380 Taurus TCP semi that I carry every single day!!  Carried in an inside clipped Graphite holster.

At home, Winchester "protector" 12 ga. synthetic loaded with buck shot. 

Also at home wife's S&W 380 semi 10 round clip.

Always keep loaded extra mag in pocket away from home and at home.

BTW, I and my wife do have a CCP and practice several times a month, a Gold member of the USCCA. and stay tuned in to their training videos constantly.

I used to think buckshot also, but consider this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=noQGg_t5eYY

Food for thought.

Side-Oilers

I don't live in close proximity to other houses, so the "00 buck versus smaller pellets" discussion is more of a "do you want the responders to find big pieces, or little pieces, of the perp?"
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model