Author Topic: Went to the pharmacy today.......  (Read 11010 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: Went to the pharmacy today.......
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
Not too long ago we had a discussion about thugs entering our race car haulers- A what if situation... Today with all that is going on with the world it seems more on the front burner then ever. Same could be said for our businesses, our homes, etc. There were some funny signs some said they would post for a serious situation as a warning to those that have ill will in their thoughts. America was built on some core values like we see with flags being flown... Don't tread on me! A simple statement, but one we cherish. We don't want the thug life taking over burning, looting, pillaging, vandalizing, Harassing etc. It is in that split second, that decisions are made if the one that enters vertically will exit horizontally.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2020, 10:48:28 AM »
When i first saw this post headline i thought it must be from either "Coral the Viper Snake" or "Tony the Florida Hurricane"

But Randy.....OK

So it's turned to Gun Choice.

Glocks, Mp5s, 1911s, all good choices

Or 140 year old classics, an't that what we about.

Average shooter (me) practice stage 23 on target shots in 27 seconds, with 4 guns = a lot of dead perps.

BTW a fast shooter can do that in 12 seconds.

Anyway we are in the lounge.

Video clip below...
Well done indeed. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
Please do not mention me in the same sentence with the "other"

And how did you know my nickname???

Much appreciated thank you

"Tony the Florida Hurricane"

But Randy.....OK

Average shooter (me) practice stage 23 on target shots in 27 seconds, with 4 guns = a lot of dead perps.

Video clip below...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2020, 11:13:40 AM »
You deserve a plus one

When i first saw this post headline i thought it must be from either "Coral the Viper Snake" or "Tony the Florida Hurricane"

But Randy.....OK

Video clip below...
Well done indeed. ;D

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2020, 11:16:54 AM »
Really didn't want to get in this firearms discussion,  but you drew me in.

Forget about this gun that gun shot gun

Get a hand cannon like this one, easy to conceal, relatively inexpensive and enough power to stop an elephant. 

Boom !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2020, 11:20:56 AM »
You must have taken crazy uncle Joe's advice.

Whoa! I didn't say anything about sniffing hair or firing two shots out of your double barrel shotgun outside (leaving you unarmed) or shooting someone in the leg. Every situation is different and there are a variety of opinions regarding self defense weapons and tactics - even among professionals. Richard (and others) are probably getting a lot out of this pharmacy discussion of firearms. I'm sure that he'll inform himself and make his choices accordingly. ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2020, 12:33:11 PM »
You must have taken crazy uncle Joe's advice.

Whoa! I didn't say anything about sniffing hair or firing two shots out of your double barrel shotgun outside (leaving you unarmed) or shooting someone in the leg. Every situation is different and there are a variety of opinions regarding self defense weapons and tactics - even among professionals. Richard (and others) are probably getting a lot out of this pharmacy discussion of firearms. I'm sure that he'll inform himself and make his choices accordingly. ~Kevin

Wait, you fail to listen to the "fountain of knowledge" at your own risk! He will say it "short and sweet" in a full page post. 
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2020, 01:57:23 PM »

For home defense, a pistol grip, "sawed off" (can't be shorter then 18" without special ATF permit which you will not get) pump.

It really isn't good for much else besides that type of a conflict

I realize that the number one goal would be to survive an unwanted conflict, but keep in mind, the next big concern will be staying out of jail! 

I don't disagree with the effectiveness of creating mayhem that this weapon has, although such devices are often credited with the ability to "kill on both ends", one has to be confident that the presentation post incident proves palatable to the point of innocence on your part.  Therefore, I would recommend selecting something commercially available, at the typical sporting goods store, deemed reasonably acceptable by the norm vs. the hacksaw special with "KILLER" hand-carved in the grip!           ::)   

Even if there's no real-time recording of the incident, someone is going to paint a picture, this often being of the median and of a depiction preferred by the creator, so the less ominous you present, perhaps the less quickly you will be condemned. 

For example. to the best of my very limited knowledge, I am not aware of evidence stated at this time that this current debacle although constantly stated as being result of racist provocation actually was.  Perhaps, this is actually just the result of a criminal, irregardless of race, resisting arrest to the point of requiring multiple officers to subdue him.  Lesson is that is probably best to avoid the impropriety that draws the attention of law enforcement in a negative view; and for the police as well as not to provide the media with any angles to exploit for their own agendas.           ;)   

Remember, the world is run by the stupid people, like it or not, but believe it!            :(

Scott.     

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2020, 02:10:36 PM »
The bottom line to remember is you can not use deadly force to protect property - Almost every state with few exception (like Connecticut where you must retreat if possible) have laws the specify if someone breaks into a occupied dwelling that the legal inference be they are there to harm you, and you have the right to defend yourself or another. The key is protection of life vs protection of property.   
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
Sign I'm tempted to put up in my yard:

The locks on this home are not to protect me from you, but protect you from me  ;)

I never post online what I may, or may not have within the confines of my legal domicile.

I'll leave it at that

Nice!!
Reminded me of this;

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2020, 03:24:39 PM »
This is all valuable information for me and I thank all of you.  I will go to the shooting range tomorrow and apply for a FOID card to start the process.
It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
See if there is an IL gun forum. You'll get lots of tips on local laws etc. You'll probably find people willing to let you meet them at the range to try different guns before you buy. You might need to take a friend with you to the range before they'll rent you a gun. A lot of ranges here in SoCal have that rule due to people coming in to rent a gun and committing suicide. I'll put my 2 cents in for Glock. Poly guns are easier to care for. Glocks generally hold more ammo.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2020, 04:09:15 PM »
"It's better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six”

True, but factor in that you will be sued by the perp or the perps family afterward,  no matter what the circumstances are.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »
Desert eagle AE 50 cal. 300 grain. One shot end of threat, use only under zombie apocalypse conditions. There will be no repairing damage to threats body parts or the get away vehicle engine block etc.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2020, 05:09:57 PM »
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s discussion of the third ammendment. Specifically quartering troops . Particularly timely as many troops are belng called to duty.

I have decided to join the Lounge crowd. No more insight on classic Shelbys or helpful information about cars! Boring....

I was in the military for 26 years, so this will be awesome. Even looking forward to hearing from you  army folk!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:56:04 PM by Coralsnake »

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
I hope the Ad King comes back.  That was informative and fun.  I seem to remember that he granted wishes. 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick