News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Marti Radiator Hose

Started by 67350#1242, June 03, 2020, 06:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddster

Negative battery cable:  I've asked them (Marti) to please custom make me one that was 4" longer.  They did and you can route it per the assembly manual.  The issue is that, why did I have to ask for that?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: roddster on June 04, 2020, 09:06:40 AM
  Negative battery cable:  I've asked them (Marti) to please custom make me one that was 4" longer.  They did and you can route it per the assembly manual.  The issue is that, why did I have to ask for that?
Marti is stubborn and apparently has engineering drawings that support the way he does it vs.the way we find them in the real world. For example we had to fight him for years before he started putting the wire clamps on 66 and 67 radiator hoses as a matter of everyday practice. He finally did. Thank goodness he isn't as stubborn as Ed Meyer or he wouldn't have given a inch. ::)  :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Here are the images that "rcgt350" wanted to post...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on June 04, 2020, 12:00:06 PM
Here are the images that "rcgt350" wanted to post...
That is the look of a typical 65/66 SB hose .The 67/68 version has the the more right angle typically. A different engineering number indicated a different hose design . At least on the original Ford hoses. It looks like a one hose fit all situation here. That hose is alright for a 65/66 for 67/68 not so much.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

Thanks for the pictures, JD.  And, agreed, Bob. 

I forgot to mention that shortness of the upper hose (both times), caused the fan blade to start cutting into the upper hose.

OK - rant over.  8)
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

As footnote here is the text of his post and the non-fitting issue that has caused the wrong shape appearance...

rcgt350
« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:18:51 AM »
I got new upper and lower from Marti a few years ago to get the stapled clamp versions instead of the tower clamps which were on the car when I got it. I had to pull the top hose pretty tight to reach the water neck, therefore the hose doesn't have that ninety degree look to it now, it's smooth surface too.

I don't know how to load pictures on here, but if I can email to someone who can I will do that.
I wasn't happy at the time, but just lived with it.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67350#1242

I did a quick measurement for comparison:   The centerline length of the Marti piece is just over 12" while existing hoses on 2 different cars are just over 14".
Anyone able to measure your 66 for comparison to the Marti hose?
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

s2ms

The Marti wire clamp hose I installed on my 66 2 years ago measures the same and fits fine, no issues.  I keep the old, non-wire clap hose I pulled off in the trunk and it also measures the same.
Dave - 6S1757

rcgt350

So I would of ordered the hoses for a 67' application, and your saying I have 66' hose here? I realize that the ink stamped part number likely doesn't carry much weight, so what do I have to do to get the correct one from Marti? Is there not someone else who does a better job and pays attention to what they're supplying out there?

The Going Thing

I should have mentioned I have a 67' big block application.  The Mustang Market hoses are very smooth as well. Many hoses are being supplied in cut-to-length applications to cut down on the types manufactured.  A suggestion might be to see if Napa has something that is correct. Perhaps Marti would ink-stamp your product if you can find something more fitting. Good Year and Gates I believe are the last two US based manufacturers.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: The Going Thing on June 05, 2020, 06:16:17 AM
I should have mentioned I have a 67' big block application.  The Mustang Market hoses are very smooth as well. Many hoses are being supplied in cut-to-length applications to cut down on the types manufactured.  A suggesting might be to see if Napa has something that is correct. Perhaps Marti would ink-stamp your product if you can find something more fitting. GoodYear and Gates I believe are the last two US based manufacturers.
I and others have been sending textured hoses to Marti for years to have stamped so you can count on a better chance then just perhaps.

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 05, 2020, 11:06:31 AM
I and others have been sending textured hoses to Marti for years to have stamped so you can count on a better chance then just perhaps.

New textured hoses?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on June 05, 2020, 11:48:48 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 05, 2020, 11:06:31 AM

New textured hoses?
No, old textured hoses.

The Going Thing

Thanks, Bob. I wasn't sure if he would stamp products that he didn't provide. Great to know.

67350#1242

I have an update to this thread.  After receiving my feedback on the hose kit purchase,  NPD's Richard Schmidt was immediately in contact with me to resolve the problem.  I will receive a refund for the upper hose that I didn't use and they are working with Marti to resolve the problem.  I did not have to ask for the refund.   I am very impressed with the responsiveness and concern shown by NPD - they really are on the side of the enthusiast and I wanted to make sure people on this forum know it. 
If anyone is looking to buy the Marti SB concours hose kit with clamps it is suggested to contact Richard Schmidt or Scott Halseth first to see if this problem is fixed prior to order.  I am told it could take awhile.
Kurt.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB