Author Topic: Marti Radiator Hose  (Read 6992 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marti Radiator Hose
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 12:40:40 PM »
Many thanks for the update!  As noted by the number of responses, there is vested concern among many that Marti gets this corrected.

Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
The credit should go to the person finally able to support a correct position, back it up with evidence and follow through.

Well played

imming1965

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
i ran into this issue just recently, i thought my upper (Marti)hose was short, then after some detective work and ordering of a few sets of hose i found that in tmy case i had it wasnt the upper hose being to short it was the radiator re-core had the upper hose outlet out to far, about an inch which made the hose seem to short.
   so in this case it was the re-coring of the radiator that was my issue and maybe it is an issue for a few more people. maybe not just a hose reproduction issue.

6T6/7

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »
i ran into this issue just recently, i thought my upper (Marti)hose was short, then after some detective work and ordering of a few sets of hose i found that in tmy case i had it wasnt the upper hose being to short it was the radiator re-core had the upper hose outlet out to far, about an inch which made the hose seem to short.
   so in this case it was the re-coring of the radiator that was my issue and maybe it is an issue for a few more people. maybe not just a hose reproduction issue.
+1
I had the same situation as well after having a radiator re-cored. I didn't notice until after installing it in the car and trying to hook up the same Marti hose.  I measured the outlet to be approximately .75 inch further outboard.  It appears there's a variation (maybe different application) you want to watch out for.
‘66 6S379, ‘67 GT350 #1661

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2020, 02:34:36 AM »
Hi all,

Did this ever get resolved?  Has Marti Auto Works fixed the short upper radiator hose?  Specifically for 289 for 66?

Thanks

Cory
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:42:11 AM by 6s1640 »

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
Hi all,

I called Marti Auto Works today and talked to Eric.  They are standing by their claim the upper hose is made per Ford drawings and they are correct length.  They claim the issue usually is a wrong radiator with a outlet too far outboard, making the hose too short to reach.  I informed him I have several cars that would use that hose with original dated coded W-MO radiators, bone stock, and they are still too short.  He asked that I take some photo's and send to him.  I will let you know what happens.

Take care

Cory

rcgt350

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 12:31:41 AM »
Does anyone know the correct distance of the upper water neck say from centre point of rad to centre point of outlet?